1 (edited by KAP54 2015-10-13 21:44:26)

Topic: Global Breakdown

Last October I bought myself a 3rd generation ? Strat. Not American or Mexican but Chinese, one step up from Taiwanese, two steps up from Indonesian and what ever else follows them. I also picked up a Boss ME25 for the effects, hoping to get myself out of the lost  passion for music state. Anywho it seems to have worked as I play at least 2-3 hrs a day :-) ...not a problem living by myself.
This is a finished song I don't know how to chord so I am posting it in the poems section. Not happy with the title and will probably change it to Heading for a Breakdown

I hope you enjoy the read.

Ken

Breakdown

Rising tide, no place to hide,
The coast lines about to shrink.
Pesticide, slow suicide,
Leeching in the water we need to drink.
There's no doubt, here comes a drought,
Global warming teeters on the brink.
Frac for gas, man what a blast,
Light a fire in your mothers kitchen sink.

Here comes a breakdown
DON'T WANT IT!
We're heading for a Breakdown
DON'T NEED IT! Here comes a breakdown.
DON'T WANT IT, DON'T NEED IT, DON'T WANT IT.

Corporate greed, poor people squeezed,
One percent sets the pace.
Anger breeds, protesters bleed,
Aggression fuels a warm embrace.
Rich men shout, they need a bailout,
They've got to have a saving grace.
If you like my lies, the politician cries,
Then vote for me so I can win the race.

Here comes a breakdown
DON'T WANT IT!

Holy war, pounds at the door,
Religion keeps fueling the hate.
Civil war, refugees soar,
Genocide is ruling their fate.
Drones fly high, missiles in the skies,
The atom bomb is standing in wait.
When the doomsday clock, ticks the last tock,
The world is gonna blow up in our face.

Here comes a breakdown
DON'T WANT IT!

Copyright
Ken Peters
December 2014

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Global Breakdown

Good to see you back and I like the words in it I hope we will see a song.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Dino,
Thanks for the welcome back and the read. You know me and recording....someday....maybe.

Thanks Again

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey Kenny
Your painting a rather bleak picture of our world there sad
but I have to agree with you and if you hear the news (which I strive to miss most of the time)
getting bleaker and more deadly by the minute.
You'll have to chrank up the new Strat and turn this into a song ASAP....
Nice to hear from you again.
ark

Hi Ark,

The world sure seems to be getting more screwed up as the days go by.  It makes me wonder what the world will be like for our children's kids. Hopefully better but I wouldn't count on it.
The ME25 came bundled with Sonar 5.5 LE DAW.  Maybe I can figure this one out and record something.

Thanks for the read and comments

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Ken,

Great to see you about; as Ark stated a rather dark view, but a sign of the times. Only the bad makes the news, the good is ignored and that does not help our perspective on life. You are absolutely right we "DON'T WANT IT, DON'T NEED IT, DON'T WANT IT".

I hope all is well with you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger, All is well

Yup.... a rather dark view of the times we live in....unfortunately it is the times we live in. roll

Thanks for the read and comments.

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Floyd, is that you???

And that is meant as a compliment! I can hear and read a lot of PF in those lyrics, KAP54 and sure would like to hear the finished product one day.

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Hey Bill,

Compliment accepted, always been a huge fan of Pink Floyd. I hope to give recording it a shot with the Sonar DAW. Who knows, maybe I can figure it and get er done. It plays as an angry style Nirvana tune so I hope your not disappointed should it get done.

Cheers and Thanks

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

nice to hear from you again stranger. mighty powerful set of words you've strung together there, all true of course and i agree with them completely, in fact i've leant against many a bar and preached the same sentiments.

you never mentioned putin, the russian premier who along with all the muslim terrorists present the biggest threat to life on earth since the dinosaurs bowed out.

preaching again, well it is sunday smile

enjoy the strat, 2-3 hours practise a day? i'm lucky to get that much a week...and it shows (thought i'd get that in first LOL)

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phill,

It feels good to get the moxy to post again smile

I didn't think you were preaching at all, if we are to get it right it needs to be talked about smile

I tried to write it by not pointing fingers directly at the causes, but more indirectly.
(Holy war, pounds at the door)......................refers to all religious extremist that believe killing is just.
(The atom bomb is standing in wait.).............reference to the Putin mindset that could end in a bad way for all of us.

2-3 hrs a day got me lots of blisters but it was worth it.
Now I have heavy callouses which is good but now I can't pick my nose. (very well) lol

Cheers and Thanks for the read

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Ken - I won't say it's dark.  I'll say it's honest, and that's something that people can relate to!  I like it!  smile  I heard Pink Flyod too... but I can see a Nirvanna style there also.  Hopefully you do get time to record this one for us soon.   We're so greedy, but now that you've piqued our interest we need to know the rest of the story!  smile  Good to see you around again!  Check out the chat section when you get a chance - you may be close enough for the backyard gathering and we'd love to have you join us!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

KAP54 ... you've said it all.

Not to wallow in despair, but I think the over-lying problem is incurable. That's because inordinate greed seems to be hard-wired into every one of us. It may vary in how we allow it to affect our decision-making, and we may even subdue it at times to do something selfless; but we're all prone to put self-interests against the interests of others when painted into a corner. It's our instinct to survive, coupled with our pride, and our ability to imagine and plan ahead. There are exceptions, but they are just that ... exceptions.

Yup ... I'm pretty cynical about the future of our race and our planet. Even solid, noble, well-intentioned people get corrupted by greed, and we'll use the guise of religion, family values, patriotism or whatever else to camouflage our motives.

"With, without ... and who'd deny it's what the fighting's all about" (Us & Them, Pink Floyd, 1973)

Hi Amy smile

I really like that you got an honest feel to the lyrics as I wanted to write a lyric in the line of Barry McGuire's "Eve of Destruction" A lot of truths in that song.  Funny how it's probably more relevant today then it was when written.

Thank You again, Muchos Appreciated smile

PS I've been following the Chordiestock and your Backyard Bash  threads very closely trying to man myself up and commit to one  the other or both. Dealing with anxiety and the nasty D on my level makes it bigtime tough as I fear I'll somehow mess it up for everyone and that's the last thing I want to do. I'm only 5 hrs 47 minutes driving time away (Thanks Google) with 5 months to go I can make no promises but know in my heart I want to be there to meet and greet a whole mess of great people.  smile

Thank You for the invite, I'm really gonna try

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey TF,

I gotta agree 100% with you. It's in man kinds blood to be #1 at whatever we try to achieve. Those in a position of power have a
tendency to abuse it thus we are where we are at. (I'm glad I got no power.....just ask my ex's lol) It's a good thing there are exceptions to the rule of power cause if there wasn't... we'd be toast for sure and I'm not one for toast.

Cheers and Thanks for the read and well placed comments smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I agree 100 with you on this one , Ken. I hear a punk rock sound to it myself

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat