Topic: In addition of MUSIC versus LYRICS

Here we go again, talking about Pink Floyd.
Where or WHO can say: I LOVED PINK FLOYD FROM THEIR FIRST SONG. " I CAN'T.
I never heard about pink Floyd until a day that someone gave me an album: atom heart mother.
Being young, speaking and understanding English very difficult, I was just able to judge the music: conclusion back then: not BAD, but at that time it was all CCR, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Slade. Second row: a little bit Bee Gees (I remember me as if it was yesterday, SAVED BY THE BELL) I am speaking about the 16 years old little man, (VERY innocent and of course harming nobody), the oldest of 5 kids, maybe sometimes I did some things, my parents didn't like, but feeling "holy" you accept this. (hahahaha)., there was also 2525, and some spirits in the sky. BUT I return back to Pink Floyd. Friends who are a little bit older remember that they went to a concert, just 5 miles from where I lived, and for a few $$, they saw Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac. At that time the music (in Europe) was entirely dominated by the Beatles, The Stones, The Who, the Kinks, and only real music lovers saw the concert. My younger sister (who became a proffesional ballerina), performed once a dance, with others on the song ONE OF THESE DAYS, from the album Meddle.
That very moment was "the turning point" because I started to love them more and more, and the song, it took me 6 months before I knew it was Pink Floyd, and suddenly: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON: unbelievable. I was absorbed 100% by pink floyd.
So this is my Pink Floyd story. What is yours? (I don't believe you loved them from the first album, except for the older chordians, I am 51, the music was very strange.
Now, I am a huge Pink Floyd lover.
SO WHAT IS YOUR STORY ABOUT YOUR RELATION WITH PINK FLOYD

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: In addition of MUSIC versus LYRICS

My first memories of Pink Floyd were 'Arnold Layne' , 'Bike' and 'See Emily Play', all very Syd Barret in style and they remain favorites to this day.

I first heard 'One of these days' in a German disco when I was about 15 years old, knocked me out, asked the DJ what it was, which album et cetera, and bought 'Meddle' two days later. Probably one of my favorite Floyd albums.

I agree, some of the early stuff can be taxing on the brain, but you have to understand it in context, 'Acid induced craziness in the wild 60's' (that's not a critiscism)

'Dark side of the Moon', still a classic, also 'Wish You Were Here'

Didn't get on with 'Animals' so much though.

cheers

David