Topic: Pachelbels Canon D major.

Hi Docphil,
Heres something for you to ponder on. Irish music session! some fiddlers, Guitarist  banjo players, whistles,accordians, Bodhran.  The session started with one of my favourite pieces of classical music! Pachelbels Canon!  Much to mine and  everyones surprise!  Talk about being lulled into oblivion. I thought id died and gone to heaven! The last section of this piece was belted out with a great Irish trad twist! It nearly took the roof off the building! and the crowd went wild.  And so Docphil  the party had  begun!
I met a beautiful Man, A Scottish Song writer called" Dave Gibb". I did buy his CD. Some of his songs are superb! and his group fantastic. Also The Sands family, Cara Dillon,Steve Cooney from Stocktons Wing, SvendEric Larsen and Band, Danish group! and so many more!
All of these musicians played every thing from The Galway Girl, To the best rendition of Frankie and Johnny i have ever heard! Even songs like "Sweet Sweet The Memories you gave to me! One young girl Played "The Isle of Innishfree on her Accordian. My Dads song!
Organized  Nocturnal  trip  to see the" Hunter Bats" at there best! French cookery lessons! Local Art, "wall to wall inspiration!. Oh so much in so short a time! I cannot wait for next year again!  Now give your self a treat and play Pachelbels Canon D Major!
Slán
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Pachelbels Canon D major.

Hi old doll

One of my favourite pieces. Pachelbel cannon in D.

Play it alot has a great many variations. The basic chord pattern D A Bm F#m G D G A  repeated with overlaying melodies is so nice played on the guitar.

Also love the original Baroque version as written by Pachelbel.

Glad you enjoyed the bluegrass festival.

Regards
Ark

Hey "doll" if you play the canon of Pachelbel, you can start singing the very same time: rain and tears (Aphrodite's child) and also very very similar: let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London (ralph mctell).
More it is so funny, we tried it, but you need a headset, to play these 3 songs: one plays the canon on piano, one plays( and sings) rain and tears and another one plays (and sings) streets of London.
If you can put those 3 songs, with the help of a sound engineer (if needed) you will be amazed.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey Old Doll here's a version you don't always hear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

enjoy this kid is like 13 or 14

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Well Mherbert,
I had just made a chicken lunch for myself, as its a nice day here I took my laptop to the garden! 
That link was the best dessert ive had in a long time!
Holy God! that is amazing! It put the pep back in my step after my week of Partying!  I Really enjoyed that! so "Thank you!"
Slán

Old Doll.

Hi Docphil,
Thank you for that information! I do have a brother who knows these things! so he will organize this for me! I willl let you know when i hear them! ok!

Have a happy painfree Day Doc!

Old Doll.