Topic: I found something funny about my battered old acoustic...

I love this old HOKADA guitar. My Granddad gave it to me when I was 5, and only one of the strings has ever been changed: the Low E string. It was the first string I ever broke, Low E, how many people can say that?!

Seriously though, the funny thing is that the nut isn't fitted properly. Or at all. It's held on by the strings! I can slide it around easily (as you do), which makes it higher pitched which is cool. I have two acoustics I still use this sad old half-dead thing now, I love it! It used to belong to my 2nd cousin Ben, so I treasure it well (Well, I don't look after it, because it doesn't like to be looked after, but I just give it the bear essentials to keep alive). I love the way it's all scratched and what have you.

Blimey, I hope that guitar makes it to 40, I'll miss her I can tell you that.

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Re: I found something funny about my battered old acoustic...

lol thats cool
My first guitar was... well i'm not sure exactly what it was. It looked kind of like one of those mexican guitars but that sticker on the inside was like in Korean or something so i don't know that brand name. I bought it for five bucks from my cousin about 3 years ago. The strings were really high off the fret board so it burnt my fingers up but I liked it because it was a lot louder than most acoustics for some reason.... I finally had to quit playing it when I loaned it to a friend and he lost the nut...... lol dont ask me how that happened....
Anyway I called it 'the junker'. Personally I think playing on a crappy guitar is part of 'paying your dues', which wasn't much fun on the junker. my fingers looked id run em thru a paper shredder lol

All You Need is Love smile

Re: I found something funny about my battered old acoustic...

I had the same problem. My first guitar was my mom's 25 year old Sears acoustic. Yea... Sears... the department store. (it had snapped where the neck met the body, so my grandpa had reattached it with tar! lol) The strings were so high off the fretboard, I took it in to have it fixed, and all they could do was sand down the nut.  The guitar was always tuned down an octave, because if you tried to tune it all the way up the tar would start to crack! The strings hurt my fingers soooo bad, especailly since it was my first guitar. but i loved it anyway. If the strings really hurt your fingers I highly advise buying steel strings entwined with silk, they're a little softer on the fingers, even though they don't sound as loud.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥