Topic: WHAT IF???

Strange question, but it is something else.
So here I go: what if you receive 10.000$, BUT you HAVE TO BUY A , or MORE GUITAR WITH THAT MONEY, NO BUT'S, YOU HAVE TO BUY, what guitar will be your choice, or maybe what guitars will be your choice.
My Choice
- Paul Reed Smith: I would try them out, from standard series up to special. If I have $ left:
- I would go acoustic, probably a very nice sounding Taylor.

WHAT ABOUT YOU FOLKS?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHAT IF???

Nice one Doc,

I think a 1959 Gretsch of some sort, so that it would always be the same age as me. (pukes on his own narcissism).

Ive always fancied trying a martin.maybe the D-28

I'd be likely to meet with a luthier to custom build something to my taste.  Or, depending on the rules of the question, I may buy several guitars or perhaps lessons (in an exotic locale that has free-flowing rum drinks). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 (edited by bootleger 2007-08-02 03:48:02)

I would buy two guitars, one from David Myka www.mykaguitars and one from David Thomas Mc Naught then be broke. Seriously you have to check out their work check their web sites.

Bootlegger.

an acoustic Taylor and a Fender VG Strat... I recommend to everyone to go check out the VG Strat's at www.fender.com/vgstrat some really incredible technology there

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Hi Boot, how are you, have you already been on vacation. I just left with MY BEST FRIEND & HIS WIFE to the south of France, in May. Still no money to spend, will change in about 7 months. But I can manage to survive here, and my day has gone before I know. It is very strange: very difficult to tell what day we are. The weirdest thing are the recurring dreams, about forgetting patients, or car crashes. Sometimes so real. One night, somewhere in April I woke up, (It's to get people crazy") dreaming about me performing a song, a nice one too, but gone.
My instruments would be a Gretsch White penguin, THE REISSUE of the so called holy grail of guitars. Why is an original PENGUIN so expensive, and is it a good sounding guitar? and with the money, I think it should be an acoustic: Taylor, Collings.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

This one in a left-handed model, of course........

http://www.music123.com/Gibson-Custom-S … 1.Music123

Give everything but up.

Hmmm.... I think probly a really nice les paul.... or i wonder how you'd go about getting your name on your guitar neck. you know like all those old country guys did... i'd like a black D-35 martin with my name across it

All You Need is Love smile

10 (edited by Old Doll 2007-07-31 21:12:14)

Hi Docphil,

This Old Doll would buy a stronger  guitar case for the Guitar i have. Love it! and go traveling with the rest of the Dosh!! with my guitar!
Might even visit you ? lol.

Ps, the Guitar i gave away was a Taylor!

Slán

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I love my strats, but would probably like to have one custom built.  One pickup, one volume.  Nothing else.  Yea, I could take mine apart, but that would be ugly.   hehe

Bobby
kickin.ws

12 (edited by bootleger 2007-08-02 03:49:25)

bobby6string wrote:

I love my strats, but would probably like to have one custom built.  One pickup, one volume.  Nothing else.  Yea, I could take mine apart, but that would be ugly.   hehe

You could build a custom strat for $750.00 and that's a cadillac type with all the bells and whistles.  What are you going to do with the rest of the money.  SERIOUSLY check out David Myka's and David Thomas Mc Naught websites you will see some finely crafted pieces of work.

Bootlegger.

bootleger wrote:
bobby6string wrote:

You could build a custom strat for $750.00 and that's a cadillac type with all the bells and whistles.  What are you going to do with the rest of the money.  SERIOUSLY check out David Myka's and David Thomas Mc Naught websites you will see some finely crafted pieces of work.

Bootlegger.

cool, thanks.  But I just bought a new one a few months ago.  So it will be a while before I get another one.  But a boy can dream........

Bobby
kickin.ws