1 (edited by rockclimber 2015-06-10 16:20:35)

Topic: I am new and I want to post a song link

Hi.

The request page won't let me post a song link because I am too new a member. Well, let me explain. I am playing the guitar for 26 years in all tastes and shapes, had several bands of rock and jazz, and I have studied musicology up to Master of Arts degree. So come on, I know what a good song is. And I know that for me it is definitely the hardest thing to do in music. A good song is a mystery to me. I have already written one that I would call "good". This has been 23 years ago. I don't know how I did it and since then never did it again. For me a good song is the holy grail. But when one of them comes along I recognize it. I am like the elder lady in the movie that recognizes the unicorn even if it is transformed. Apropos: great songs in this movie.

So please let me contribute my link. I don't know if I may name the title and artist here, or if this is already covered by the term "lyrics".

Thanks

Re: I am new and I want to post a song link

Do you mean this page, to request songs be added to the Chordie.com search index?  http://www.chordie.com/addurl.php

Or were you trying to post a link in the forums?  If that's what you're referring to, and you mean in the song request section of the forums, this is spam control.  You will need to post more on the forums and get to know how the forums work by contributing a bit more before you are allowed to post links in the forum.   Sorry, but it's for everyone's safety, and to keep the forums cleaner from spam links.  So... post away!  Reply to this post and others, and you'll be able to post links in the forum in no time.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

3 (edited by rockclimber 2015-06-10 18:15:56)

Thanks a lot!

The link you gave me ate up the URL without any further message. If this means I was able to add the song then I am well and quite happy right now.

Last time I tried to do it in the forum, as you described well in your answer. It was there where it didn't work. At the moment I just want to contribute some excellent songs by Melanie Safka.

But there might be more to come. I just called two befriended musicologists-and-campfire-singers and told them about chordie and asked them to collaborate to make some extraordinary songbooks. I myself know this site for some years but never really grasped for what it really was good, until I now felt that my collection of physical songbooks has simply become too huge to carry around.

Too bad that many of the great songs of other ages aren't yet chord-tabbed in lyrics servers, although they are royalty-free. There is work to be done.

The 4 note Blues video on the right sidebar of the homepage will not display.  How can I access this?