Topic: Do I need another acoustic guitar?

Hi!

I used to play with a standard tuning, though, I play 2-3 songs with a Drop-D tuning.
I broke my 1 string (the thinest) by repetitively doing this... So, should I get another guitar especially for the Drop-D tuning?

Thanks for your answer!

[url]https://soundcloud.com/curtis-k-music[/url]

Re: Do I need another acoustic guitar?

Definitely.

That is a far better excuse than the last one I used for getting a new guitar, it even makes sense. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Sounds like an excellent excuse for a second acoustic.  Besides, everyone should have at LEAST two.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

That's like asking "Do I need another drink?" -  99% of the time, the answer is YES!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

mekidsmom wrote:

Sounds like an excellent excuse for a second acoustic.  Besides, everyone should have at LEAST two.  wink

Or 6. smile

mekidsmom wrote:

ditto or more!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Your excuse is as good as any, and better than some.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

You don't need an excuse, although that is a good one. Of course you need another one.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Guitars are like pringles,  betcha can't stop at one.......Never need an excuse ........

however, you always live with the fear that if you go into a coma, your wife will sell your guitars for what you told her they cost!  smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Yes! Absolutley! Positively Yes!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

The answer to the question "Do I need another guitar?" is yes. 

The answer to the question "How many guitars do you need?" is more. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i407/aprilchapmanroney/Facebook-like-thumbs-up-symbol.jpghttp://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i407/aprilchapmanroney/Facebook-like-thumbs-up-symbol.jpg

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

This is a great place to ask a question like that! Like asking the drivers at the Indy 500 if they'd like a faster car.

Tenement Funster wrote:

This is a great place to ask a question like that! Like asking the drivers at the Indy 500 if they'd like a faster car.

lol lol lol

Would you play golf with only one club?  Unlike electrics, acoustics can only produce one type of "sound" depending on the construction and types of woods used, so I think it is necessary to own several types of acoustic guitars depending on the type of music/song you're playing. smile

In my opinion (my wife doesn't agree) it would be ideal for an acoustic guitar player to own combos of rosewood/spruce, rosewood/cedar, mahogany/spruce, mahogany/cedar and all-mahogany guitars, with ovangkol , koa, etc also considered.  Various shapes (jumbo, dreadnaught, auditorium, concert, etc will also produce different sounds/tones so there are a lot of combos to choose from.  Then there are 12-strings, alternate tunings, Nashville high-tuning etc. 

No way should one only own one acoustic guitar.  smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Of course you need more than one. Different reasons. Different tunings. The color of your clothes that day. You may not want to carry one to another room, so there will be one waiting for you in that room. Because Tuesday is the 3rd day of the week. And of course because there`s no bones in ice cream. There are many reasons to have more than one. Use your imagination.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.