Topic: D E hoping all goes good

DE ,
Hope all goes good with your knee surgery. Been there done that, but mine was not  by choice .....well not my choice anyway. Lol they've come a long way with the procedures since then. I hope you have a speedy painless recovery.
                                                             Jim

Re: D E hoping all goes good

I was thinking of you today too.  I think you'll be just fine, and you're tough enough that you'll probably not notice if it doesn't.  God bless you, DE.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery after your surgery.

Looking forward to the song about it which is sure to follow smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Best wishes, my friend, with your surgery. Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Please let us know your progress when you are able.

Nela

5 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-06-24 09:25:38)

Hope all goes well, DE.

I just had my 6th knee surgery in February, and all went well ... hope yours does, too. The professional sports organizations have poured millions into joint repair research, so it's probably the most advanced of all medical procedures. You'll be skating like Paul Coffey in no time!

http://cdn.nhl.com/redwings/images/upload/2008/08/coffey_mar.jpg

All the best, DE!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Thanks for the kind  sentiments everyone.  The knee replacement surgery went fine.  I've had several knee operations over the years but really wasn't prepared this time for the pain involved the first couple days after I returned home and the "feel good" injections at the hospital wore off.  My right knee was twice the size of my left one for a few days but the swelling has decreased so it's only about 1-1/2 times bigger now.  The pain has also decreased significantly and things are improving quickly.  Had my first physical therapy yesterday since leaving the hospital - a little painful but productive.

Good news -  due to the pain I don't feel like eating so I'm losing some of the weight I've been wanting to drop - every cloud has a silver lining I guess.
Bad news- since its my right knee, the docs won't clear me to drive for at least a month.

How long ago did you have your knee done Jim?  My father-in-law had both of his knees replaced at the same time about 20 years ago.  He was a tough old bird but I was shocked at the pain he went through. Hope yours wasn't as bad.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

8 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-06-26 21:04:56)

Glad it went well, DE.

Did you have a full replacement, or a partial? My surgery in Feb was the partial replacement, or "Unicompartmental Knee" as they're calling it. Here's the before and after X-Rays. It wasn't too painful, and the recovery time is quicker than a full replacement, since they don't have to touch either the ACL or MCL.

http://tiptopwebsite.com/photos4/chyanvre/oxford7.png

Hope you heal quickly, and are up and at it in record time.

DE, Good to hear it went well. Sounds like you'll be at full strength in no time. Mine was done in 92. my kneecap came out in 38 pieces, it was completely wrecked.... 3 screws, plastic kneecap, fake cartilage, and some physical therapy and I was good as new. Now, the screws have been removed for about 15 years, and the fake cartilage is pretty well gone and the bones just kinda grind together. I should probably see about getting it patched up again, but it's way better than the meteorologists on the news.lol.

Dirty Ed wrote:

the docs won't clear me to drive for at least a month.

And the Doc usually knows what's best.

Let it heal. Work it back into shape. You'll be ready to drive to New York in August. smile

unclejoesband wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

the docs won't clear me to drive for at least a month.

And the Doc usually knows what's best.

Let it heal. Work it back into shape. You'll be ready to drive to New York in August. smile

That's my plan ujb, and I want to be able to make it tp both NY and your get-together in PA.  However I may have been a little too enthusiastic about doing the in-home PT yesterday.  Knee pain returned last night and once again the knee looks like a sz 3 soccer ball.

TF, it was a total knee replacement. I'd injured my pcl, and mcl at various times, and had busted up cartilage removed.  For the last 10 years it has been bone-on-bone but I've got strong bones so I put off a replacement. But lately it was just getting too aggravating to put up with. (ie: it was interfering with fishing and paddling)

Jim, if I make it your shindig in NY, I'll depend on you to provide weather updates.:)

Once again everyone, thanks for your concern.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs