Topic: PUNK mother of GROUPS like NIRVANA

Punk really changed a lot in the evolution of music. You had in the late seventies, disco, punk, and main stream music, like the Eagles, on the other hand Motorhead, Aerosmith.
In the eighties a whole new generation groups started to be famous: The Human League, Culture Club, the so called "NEW WAVE" music. I heard that their music was the legacy of punk. A fact that I can't believe. Who knows more about this?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: PUNK mother of GROUPS like NIRVANA

Human League and Culture Club were often described as "New Romantics".

However they are also sometimes described as New Wave because they had their roots in New Wave bands.   

Those New Wave  bands were groups which weren't punk but played rock with some punk influences. Bands like the Police, Blondie,  Boomtown Rats, Television

There were also other links between Punks, New Wave and New Romantics.  Only a few years seperated them so many musicians moved from one scene to another. The strongest links are in fashion. 

Adam Ant was a new wave act with a strong influence on the New Romantic fashions

Boy George was briefly in a New Wave Band "Bow wow wow".       

Gary Numan was a New Wave act who popularised syntheiser music which Human League used to huge effect

Re: PUNK mother of GROUPS like NIRVANA

This brings me to the question, what and when can you speak of "new wave", in particular, what is covered by the word "new wave" and is it the offspring of punk?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]