1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-26 02:02:46)

Topic: A Note From Dondra

At a low stage of my life, you all have touched my heart with music that you've created for Bill and I. I shed tears, I smiled, and I thank God for people like you who care enough to reach out to a stranger to try to lift up our spirits. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers always. And thank you for being such good friends to the man who takes care of me every day, no matter what comes our way.

Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: A Note From Dondra

I didn't do a song but I hope you are doing well.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Well, hello, Mrs. Strummergirl ...

Thanks for stooping by to say hello, and we're all relieved that you're home and recovering. Your dear husband has been an avid & appreciated contributor on the Chordie forums, and a true gentleman always. You folks are good people, and good people deserve every little kindness that can be shown.\

Get well soon!

Dondra,

I've heard, when someone's going through a rough time you shouldn't just offer up the standard, "let us know if you need anything" but offer up something real that can help and just do it.  We're not close enough to bring over a casserole, or mow the lawn, or let the dog out... so the best we've got is some music to share.  I know it wasn't much, but I'm glad we were able to do SOMETHING for you.  I hope it's been a nice distraction, and those are good tears not just tears of, "oh my goodness!  These people are hurting my ears!  no more! no more!"  LOL!  smile  Please, feel free to let us know if there's any particular songs you'd like to hear.  Someone's bound to give it a try, just be careful what you wish for!  ha ha ha!  If you two ever make it up to NY State, let us know!  I'll get that casserole together.

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

dondra, are any of us strangers? we are all joined together by a golden cord which is love and the love of music. i have never met any chordie members yet i feel that they are all friends yet to be met. i so hope you're feeling better and i'm glad bill is doing such a great job of looking after you, and i dare say you looking after him too!  be well

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Well, hello, Mrs. Strummergirl ...

Thanks for stooping by to say hello, and we're all relieved that you're home and recovering. Your dear husband has been an avid & appreciated contributor on the Chordie forums, and a true gentleman always. You folks are good people, and good people deserve every little kindness that can be shown.\

Get well soon!

Ditto!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't Play a tune. But I can  wish all the best.
Take good  care of each other, nothing  else  really matters.

Thick as two short planks

Phill Williams wrote:

i have never met any chordie members yet i feel that they are all friends yet to be met.

Ain't that the truth?  When I met Jeff Taylor (Topdown) for the first time in person, it was like reconnecting with an old and dear friend.  When I met Beamer in person there was no macho facade.  We went straight for the big bear hug and I for one had tears in my eyes.  These are good people here.  Straight up good people. 

I've met others too, so if you didn't make the description list, don't let it hurt your heart please.  You're all dear. 

I look forward to some day meeting you two.  The wheels are spinning, and maybe if some day I wind up driving down to ChordieFest, there may be a stop on the way (or slightly out of the way) to shake some hands, pass out some hugs, and strum some tunes. 

In short: You're welcome dear Dondra.  It was the least we could do.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Through this forum we get to know each other from the comments and views expressed and we often use the term family as that is how it seems. Probably, because as musicians we have to be able to feel and express the emotions of the songs we sing, we gain the empathy to feel and care for others we know.

We are too far away to give any physical help so we try to support in whatever way we can, so if you want music, we can at least send you a little of that. smile

Wishing you a speedy recovery Dondra.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"