Re: Best Band Ever!!!!!!! You choose and share you're thoughts!!!!!

Isn't it more strange that I am 23 and my best band forever is Pink Floyd. What guitars have been played there by David Gilmore, awesome! The psychedelic feel attracks ppl like me.

Then comes Beatles, oh what lyrics!

The best 7 bands if rated is like:

7. Linkin Park

6. Mettallica

5. Disturbed

4. Eagles

3. NIRVANA

2. THE BEATLES

1. PINK FLOYD

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

I forgot a lot like Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Iron Maiden, Led Zepplin, Bryan Adams, Boyzone, and more and more..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

i live only to discover beauty. all else is a form of waiting

Beatles>Pink Floyd>Led Zep>U2>Stones>Kinks>Grateful Dead>Allmans>Aerosmith>Phish>Rush>beach boys>Clash>Velvet Underground

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

krhoades wrote:

Beatles>Pink Floyd>Led Zep>U2>Stones>Kinks>Grateful Dead>Allmans>Aerosmith>Phish>Rush>beach boys>Clash>Velvet Underground

pretty good list. actually, most of these are.

the answer is blowin' in the wind

hendrix experiance>Beatles>Led Zepplin>Guns and Roses>Black flag>Blondie>Ramones>Pixes>Nivarna thats naming a few thers loads tbh

its just a name!

[url=http://www.myspace.com/punked_will]www.myspace.com/punked_will[/url]

Polly Jean Harvey

She makes me all funny inside.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

townes van zandt and john prine as far as song writers go.  as far as bands go, anything Les claypool does is usally pretty cool.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Here are somegood moldy oldies:
Neil Young
CSN

The chord progression of the beatles music was very tricky, Eagles had a great sound, Pink floyd are of course really good and Syd Barrett was amazing, Supertramp, Led Zep, Fleetwood Mac, they are all really good when your trying to learn like me.
You realise that they are so much better when you try to follow the music on the frets than on the radio.

It has to be the  Beatles , bob dylan, but for pure talent  in one band the traveling wilburys

There are so many great bands out there, but I like led zepplin,shiny toy guns,green day, my chemical romance,chevelle,the white strippes,the mamas and the papas,blur,the pixies,the breeders, and nirvana. any other fans?

Lets go melt some faces!!!!

Beatles - a lot of bands have moments of brilliance and inspiration, but no one can match the quality and diversity of music output in a mere 5 year period. Does Abbey Road sound 38 years old - I think not! Has any dared put out an album with virtually every genre on it since The White Album? McCartney is now a national treasure - they should preserve him in wax - especially if it stops him writing another Frog Chorus.

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

John Lees' Barclay James Harvest and close second the original Barclay James Harvest

John Lees is an incredible guitarist and his style is absolutely unique (been compared to a chainsaw revving), lots of high bends and aggressive solos; an absolute joy to witness live. Great song writer and voice too, clear, soulful and distinctive.

My favourite guitarist ever.

The Beatles and the Eagles

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The Dwarves.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

i think ac/dc are the best!! tongue

By far-Leonard Cohen. Maybe the most covered artist ever.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Wow! picking the "best" band ever is pretty hard considering all the different styles of music.

I would have to agree that the Beatles were one of the most influential bands that ever composed and played pop/rock songs. I'd also list Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Gentlemen as one of the best groups ever- how many other bands have had a whole genre of music named after them?  And the Glenn Miller Orchestra who changed swing music from a mostly brass genre to one dominated by clarinet and saxophones and dominated the charts during their day.  Admittedly, both the Bluegrass Gentlemen and the Glenn Miller Orchestra had many different musicians come and go, each adding their unique sound to the total discography of the bands.

I can also think of a lot individual writers/singers also but the thread is about best "band".

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

By far-Leonard Cohen. Maybe the most covered artist ever.

You got me thinking about who has written the most recorded songs and who has written the most hits. Per info I pulled off the net, Willie Dixon has written the most recorded songs.  I also found a list (don't know if its current) of most #1 hits:

Most Number Ones

By Writer

Paul McCartney 31
John Lennon 25
Barry Gibb 16
Brian Holland 15
Lamont Dozier 15
Robin Gibb 13
Eddie Holland 13
Maurice Gibb 11
Carole King 9
Lionel Richie 9
Gerry Goffin 8
Mick Jagger 8
Keith Richard 8
Jeff Barry 7
Daryl Hall 7
Michael Jackson 7
Bernie Taupin 7
Stevie Wonder 7
Burt Bacharach 6
Harry Wayne Casey 6
Richard Finch 6
George Michael 6
Freddie Perren 6
Norman Whitfield 6

I found some of the names surprising, although McCartney & Lennon is pretty much of a no-brainer.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

stevey_d20 wrote:

In my opinion i think that The beatles have got to be the best band ever..... I mean like they are the most onfluential and most fantastic song writing people ever!!!!!! Songs like a hard days night are top and still sung today by lads and girls alike. They live on forever!

I admire their music and their bravery especially when they come out on stage. They are like fearless! If they are teaching performing onstage, I would definitely enroll.  Anything is possible if you are able to conquer your fears.

sumelton1 wrote:

Beatles - a lot of bands have moments of brilliance and inspiration, but no one can match the quality and diversity of music output in a mere 5 year period. Does Abbey Road sound 38 years old - I think not! Has any dared put out an album with virtually every genre on it since The White Album? McCartney is now a national treasure - they should preserve him in wax - especially if it stops him writing another Frog Chorus.

I personally can`t classify The Beatles. They are an ultra super group that were in a class of their own. Who doesn`t have some Beatles influence in them? While it is true that they are the most covered, their extreme greatness puts them in a whole different world.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

The Beatles make me want to puke well may be not but I will turn off the radio so I Don't. Have to hear them luv pink floyd

Let no talents go unused

Fire art  wrote:

The Beatles make me want to puke well may be not but I will turn off the radio so I Don't. Have to hear them luv pink floyd

You are obviously no child of the 60's smile. One had to live the experience of 'Beatlemania' to really appreciate their innovative music talents.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:
Fire art  wrote:

You are obviously no child of the 60's smile. One had to live the experience of 'Beatlemania' to really appreciate their innovative music talents.

Roger

The Beatles have staying power. Let`s see how many of todays singers(?) still get regular airplay or still come out with records long after they are gone. The same with Elvis.Lets see where these rappers will be 50 years later. We wont be around to see but I am willing to bet that I am right. Right fine art

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:
Fire art  wrote:

I'm a child of the 60s but I was a red neck
Roger

The Beatles have staying power. Let`s see how many of todays singers(?) still get regular airplay or still come out with records long after they are gone. The same with Elvis.Lets see where these rappers will be 50 years later. We wont be around to see but I am willing to bet that I am right. Right fine art

Let no talents go unused