Topic: RP death

Well my RP250 has died.  My son was using it and forgot to turn off power and I didnt know for at least a week.  pretty sure it overheated or shorted out. it lights up like a christmass tree. an thats it.

So now looking at teh 355 and the newer ones. found a used 355 on amazon for 145. ill probably go that rout.

so  glad i still have stomp boxes!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: RP death

What make and model did you lose? I'm not familiar with an rp250

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-08-02 02:44:47)

Is this what you're referring to, Beamer?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2rtER0A_leHq_Jf5oZ7uSwqncFoh1HgoB-9mRRJw5zcku6JX3bQ

I know you really liked that thing, as per an email you sent me several months ago. Those micro circuits don't handle a lot of heat, and I'm sorry for your loss. Will there be a memorial service? lol I certainly haven't regretted getting my Boss ME-80, and I think they're just under $300 new ... just an opinion.

yup
im keeping an eye on Ebay for a RP500 if i gotta step up,, im gonna really step up. they have a new model but it doesnt use teh same sound librarty as this older versions of the RP series.  but it looks cool also.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)