Topic: Depth And Substance

Its not unreasonable to keep things simple.
Give it a little space.
Keep it nice and simple.
Just a couple of chords should work for you.
Depth and substance will bring it through.
Sing it from the heart that will tear them apart.
Depth and substance that's what you need to get the song through.
You don't need a lot of chords just a nice melody.
Keep it simple it should work for you.
Depth and substance it will always come through.
Give it plenty of space you don't need a lot of chords.
Keep it nice and simple it should work for you.
Give them your heart to tear them apart.
Depth and substance will lift the ceiling when you sing to.
Give it all your best parts but keep it simple.
You don't need lots of chords just a simple melody.
Depth and substance will work for you.
Depth and substance.

Re: Depth And Substance

Welcome Peatle, let me welcome you to chordie
as no one else has as yet.
This is your best effort by far,congratulations.
Like some songs the recording is much better than just the words u put up here.
I know you`re not a singer,but u did a great job on this.
look forward to your next song/poem.
Welcome!

The King Of Audio Torture

Welcome to Chordie, Peatle. There's some clever irony in your poem ... nicely done.

Thought I better mention I have tried to turn Depth And Substance into a song which I have put up on Soundcloud.
Tenement Funster you have a gift for clever words thank you for reading my attempt.

Welcome to Chordie Peatle!  Can you throw us a soundcloud link?  smile  Pleeeeeeeease?

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank you for your welcome mekidsmom. I  have only started dabbling a bit with music again after taking a 35 years break from it. On soundcloud I am also known as Peatle Jville. I have mainly done my own songs on Soundcloud apart from three cover versions of easybeats songs. It was completely due to easybeat that I decided to have a dabble with music as a way of relaxing and unwinding at home from the pressures of the world. The wonderful Jandal has honoured me by doing a cover of one of my songs on soundcloud  more of a co write as she added some lyrics and made it work. Jandal is Kiki Jan on soundcloud. Beestie is also part of our group of song writers from down here in New Zealand he is an excellent lyricist. I am part Fijian from my mother's side, our culture revolves a lot around singing though I cant really sing myself. Singing I am sure in all cultures is how we uplift ourselves. My early childhood is full of memories of my father and grandperants singing their cockney London songs and my mothers side singing their Fijian songs. I don't know how to do a link. If you are interested in having a listening to my songs go to Peatle Jville on soundcloud. I prefer to think of music as something that stirs the soul. Art to me is another word for creative and I believe everyone in their own way is creative. The difference is some are more entertaining then others,
Love, peace and blessings to you and your family and friends.