1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-04 17:16:21)

Topic: Forming A Band In Carrollton, GA.

Everyone needed except for a drummer (and I can double on simple rhythm guitar.

A Strat, keyboard, several (up to and including two) amps and 2 basses. No sound system, but one very good mic - a Shure.

Been a while since you've played? Not a problem! Place to play/rehearse? Not a problem! Bad credit? Not a problem! Charged with a felony or recreational drug use? Problem.

Let's just give it a shot and see what happens, okay?

E-mail me at the address shown under my profile picture. smile

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Forming A Band In Carrollton, GA.

the distance cuts me out Bill otherwise I would enjoy doing a band. My son lives in Guyton,Georgia but he no longer tries too play guitar

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good luck Bill.
If I were closer I would be up for it.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Well, we pretty much have the "Let's be buds" part  out of the way, fellas. So it's a damn shame that the folks I am buds with live so far away!

Thanks you two. I appreciate the spirit of wanting to be in a band with me very much!

smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Have you tried craigslist?

It worked for me.

rickyjack,

I have thought about craigslist, but it has this reputation as such an unsavory place, you know? Maybe I will.

My wife just reminded me that we also tried a couple of local newspapers to no avail, but since this is not to be w "working" band right off the bat, or some folks may not even read the papers, I struck out there as well other than a little guy who never showed up.

My other problem is psycho-neurological: Brain doesn't always engage long enough to "follow through".

By that I mean I find it hard to focus and stay focused on one task or another. For example, I'll head to the music room to play guitar or drums for a while, but by the time I get there, I will already have changed my mind.

My docs want me to take ECT, but the nearest place which offers that treatment is a long distance and I would have to be seen once a day for a week to get zapped.

I guess we'll see.

Thanks for getting in touch and don't be such a stranger, rickyjack.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Maybe instead of travelling the long distance, you could just strap on the ol' Strat, turn on the amp, plug the cord into the amp, and then - just before you plug in the guitar - give the plug a good lick

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

rickyjack,

I have thought about craigslist, but it has this reputation as such an unsavory place, you know? Maybe I will.l

I found my 2 playing partners on craigslist. It took about 3 months. I put the ad in and refreshed it every couple weeks. After about 10 weeks of nothing I got a reply. After a couple phone conversations I had Peter over. A couple days later I got another reply. Peter and I had another session set up for a few days later so I invited Scott to join us. We started getting together every other weekend.

Ya never know until you try. smile

It took me most of a year to find someone that I could play with comfortably. He was the 4th one that replied to my ad.
I had to do some phone screening for sure. Ya never know what your going to get.

I played for 20 some years before I reached out to find musical partners and I'm glad I did. I finally kicked that shy thing that I held me back for way too long. I have found some of the best friends through music that I never would have found otherwise.

I really hope you find someone to play with Bill.

The thing  about  band  members  is  when you  find  your  ideal  you  can  just  jump in  and  play  like  it  was  yesterday , Having  just  got back playing  with  John Prince  who  I last played  with  some  years back its  like  picking up  where  we  left off. Same  applies to  my Greek  band  pals   we  have  a  break  for  6  or  8 months  then just  play  like we've  been rehearsing  for  weeks   straight off. Magic.