1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-08 18:14:25)

Topic: Lost My Password (Again)

And a big thank you to Roger for fixing it again.

Also, and I didn't want to bring it up, but I am beginning to lose days as well. I'm doing things which are done on certain days and I live my life as if it were that day. For example, thinking it was Friday I got up Thursday morning at 5 to fix my wife's coffee. I woke her up, wondering why she wasn't already awake. She wasn't supposed to work until Friday ---- that kinda stuff. There are a few more examples, but I'll spare you.

Anyway, I'm back, and as I told RickyJack. This is only one of three sites I go to daily and when I miss a day here (whatever day it is), it really makes for an empty day.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Lost My Password (Again)

Bill ..

You manage to maintain your sense of humour through it all, which is a great example for all us when facing life's frustrations. My late father-in-law went from dementia into full-blown Alzheimer's, and he was angry most of the time and difficult to be around ... as much as we loved him.

We would most certainly miss you, if you weren't part of our Chordie family!

3 (edited by rickyjack 2015-08-08 19:17:51)

Hey Bill, I hope your with us for a long time.
Heck, I'm just getting used to you being my friend and I need all I can get.

Take care friend.

And a big thank you to Amy for all her help.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

And a big thank you to Roger for fixing it again.

Also, and I didn't want to bring it up, but I am beginning to lose days as well. I'm doing things which are done on certain days and I live my life as if it were that day. For example, thinking it was Friday I got up Thursday morning at 5 to fix my wife's coffee. I woke her up, wondering why she wasn't already awake. She wasn't supposed to work until Friday ---- that kinda stuff. There are a few more examples, but I'll spare you.

Anyway, I'm back, and as I told RickyJack. This is only one of three sites I go to daily and when I miss a day here (whatever day it is), it really makes for an empty day.

Thanks

Bill

Bill you do not have to sign off each time you leave. I think most members do not,I think that will help you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by bluejeep 2015-08-09 01:28:34)

Heck Bill, I had to retire because of a back injury and with all the pain meds I don't know what day it is most of the time either. I came to realize it doesn't really matter, when I log into Chordie and check the latest forums it usually says "Today" so I kinda know what day it is and thats close enough for me. Your sense of humor always gives me a chuckle. I used to work as a maintenence tech for a nursing home and my favorite wing to work in was the alzheimer's section. My mother was a patient there and even though she no longer remembered me, we always found ways to laugh. I would play music and sing for them on my days off, the sing-alongs were great, we weren't always singing the same song at the same time but we always had a blast. Glad your with us Bill.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Stick with it Strummerboy and do your best.  You're one of us, and that's what matters. 

Every single day, I wake up thinking "Thank God it's Friday."  1/7th of the time it works out. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I know exactly what you are talking about. I went through this with my wife. You are doing great buddy. Hang in there and keep coming back. We enjoy your company. Don't worry about a missing day. We are here and love to discuss things with you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-09 02:16:18)

Because even a stopped clock is right twice a day, isn't it, Zurf?

I wish I didn't convince myself of things like what day it is, though. In the above example, thinking Thursday was Friday, I was sooo sure I was right that I didn't even bother to look at the date on the computer, the calendar in my office, or the "Today is _____ and the time is ______" clock on the fridge.

In 2008, I  was once so sure that Kevin Spacey played the lead in the film "Footloose", that I bet this ER nurse $50.00 on it.

It was, of course, Kevin Bacon who played the lead. I tried to pay my bet, but she knew the "score" about me (the dementia, not the fact I was then a big flirt and "hungry as the wolf") and like the lady she was, wouldn't take the money.

This is what I mean. If I'm "sure" about something, I'll get indignant about it and then wilt down to nothing when I'm proven wrong.

There are many other such anecdotes, like the time I went into a restaurant's wrong bathroom, saw no urinals and concluded they were remodeling and went into a stall. When I came out and saw a lady standing there with her eyes as big as saucers, the penny still didn't drop. (I thought she was in the wrong room). It finally did when I saw the sign on the door. It read "HEIFERS". The one I should have used read "BULLS". The lady in question and her husband were seated in the booth across from Dondra and I. No, we didn't leave. I sat there and sweated it out.

I'm so glad y'all think it's funny and are laughing along with me. THAT lady had (and will have) a story to tell for a long time, won't she?

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Well Bill, every now and then I think we all have had a moment somewhat as you've described.  Imagining things like that happening more often than not though is the difficult part.  I am sure that it's not just the embarrassment of it happening, but knowing what caused it and figuring out that it was "the beast" tricking you, is the worst part of all. I just want to say, I'm really sorry you're going through this.  It sucks.  I'm very thankful that you have Dondra and your son around to help you. 

Just... don't you go anywhere and don't you forget US, dag nabbit!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.