Topic: i need beginner songs please

i need a few good songs to start out with, i know a few and i have my chords pretty clean.

Its your life, live it

Re: i need beginner songs please

Helo Markdrago,

Welcome to Chordie.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to go to the Public Songbooks and look under Absolute Beginners there are 60 books of songs there to choose from. I am sure there will be something there that you both know and like.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

some good beginner electric guitar songs are:
Smoke on Water (deep purple)
Day tripper (beatles)
man on the silver mountain (rainbow)

good luck

Smoke on the Water is a good one.  Maybe try Stone in Love by Journey (you can play this clean or distorted like they do).  Some of the Eagles' tunes are pretty cool (mostly chords) and even Heart and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  You can get these tabs on here (Chordie) and on (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/).  Practicing chords is very good and I can't stress that enough.  Look for songs you like that have basic chords!  It's fun and it builds strength, stamina and dexterity. Rock on!

Gibson Les Paul Studio (customized) * Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul "Camo" * Breedlove 6-string acoustic * Takamine 12-string acoustic/electric * Line 6 Spider III 212 150 * Line 6 FBV Shortboard * New tight skin-toned colored Spandex and matching thong *
big_smile

hi
i found an easy song is
Green Day- Time of your life

hope i helped
Danny

tongue Rockindiot tongue

Gitafiddle's reply--

markdrago, try the Eagles "Horse With No Name" 2 chords Em and D add6add9. Don't let the last chord scare you off both chords require only 2 fingers to accomplish. Check out this web site for strumming patterns: http://www.guitarnoise.com/easy.php
Do you have an electric or an acoustic or both?

What do you like?  Rock?  Country?  There are many fairly easy songs in both genres.

And, as rocknidiot said, Time of Your Life by Greenday is a good one and it sounds good playing an acoustic (6 or 12) or with an electric. 

Knowing what you like to play would probably help us figure out some suggestions.

Rock on, my brother!

Gibson Les Paul Studio (customized) * Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul "Camo" * Breedlove 6-string acoustic * Takamine 12-string acoustic/electric * Line 6 Spider III 212 150 * Line 6 FBV Shortboard * New tight skin-toned colored Spandex and matching thong *
big_smile

i have an electric, and i mostly like rock, but right now since im learning, anything will do fine. ill attempt to learn anything that will help me get better. thanks for everyones help to smile

Its your life, live it

These are decent:

Warren Zevon, Exciteable boy E,A,B
Warren Zevon, Poor poor pitiful me C,G,D
Beatles, Get back A,D,G
Any CCR hit
Jimmy Buffet, Margariettaville A,D,G

These are the most used chords in those songs.

wanted dead or alive is a pretty easy one the chords are
D for 4 beats, C for 2 beats to G quick for 2 beats(repeat 1 time) F(barre chord) for 1 beat  back to D pretty easy if you can play the F chord.

Hells Bells by AC/DC it is easy and it sounds great.

Try some simple punk rock songs e.g. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop. It's a great song and chords are Am D E.

"Pull your head back /Hold your hands high /Shake your body
And it's too loud /And you put them up fill your heads
With heavy metal thunder"
Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder

paranoid - sabbath, nice and easy hammer on intro and simple power chord riff's.
red hot chilli's - californication, good all round number, simple picked intro, a few basic chords in the chorus and an easy solo, good all round song for a beginner.

animals - house of the rising sun, great for changing (open) chords, and building dexterity with that picking!

good luck!