Topic: ACH DU LIEBER!!!!!!

It appears a new title has been bestowed upon me: "Musicator Extraordinaire".

I thank you very much for this honorific, but feel I am undeserving of it for the following reasons:

1. It's Y'all who honor me be allowing me to come to this site and interact with some of the friendliest musicators on the planet.

2. I feel that you, my friends, understand my limitations and are always there to lend me a hand when I need it, and

3. I get to hear some of the most wonderful and original music from all over the world.

So you see, my dear friends, it isn't me who is extraordinary, it is you and this little musical home we have created for each other.

Virtually, a "Hobbit's Shire Home" couldn't be more comfortable.

Thanks so much, but may I respectfully turn down this wonderful, but undeserving gift?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: ACH DU LIEBER!!!!!!

You don't want a fun custom title?  Or do you just not like the "extraordinaire" part?

What about just "Musicator?" lol

"Musicator" is fine with me, because this is what we all are when you think about it.

The "extraordinaire" part is an appendage which is dearly precious to me, because I know who it came from (I think).

Y'all know how I feel about all of you and there's no need to "supersize" it.

If the person who included that feels that way about me in his heart, that's enough for "The German Boy".

Thanking you VERY much for the fun honorific, I'm just plain.....

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, I feel that if you were from the UK you would have a knighthood for your musicating.
Arise Sir Strummerboy Bill.

Thick as two short planks

I like it Bill!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thank you very much.

Humbly

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Welcome!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Oh, Bill but you earned it!  You make us all laugh, think, care, and we enjoy your company! Titles aren't bestowed often.  wink  I say, keep it.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Take the title, humbly, if you want, but bask in the sunshine of friendships you have made here Bill. We love you man

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

10 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-18 03:44:32)

Here's some honesty for ya, Peter.... when I can go to your site and watch and listen to your music, my friend.

That is pure and that is honest.

And I've already told you what I fan I am of your music and your performances, so the "basking" takes care of itself  every  time I hit that subscribe button.

I don't need a fancy title to declare my self a fan of yours, or anyone else's here, friend

And as for being loved, that comes through every time you or anyone  writes me. I have never felt so loved as I do here.

I thank you all most humbly

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

OK, I bestowed Bill's title. We do not do this very often, Moderators can change their own and, just once in a while, one of us will feel that a Member should have one for whatever reason.

My reasoning: Bill invented the musicate word and a person who musicates must be a 'musicator'. A person who is 'out of the ordinary', remarkable or extraordinary can be described as being 'extraordinaire'. I admire the way Bill handles and confronts his condition that I, for one, dread ever happening to me.

Bill seems to think that he does not deserve it. I think he does. What do you guys and gals think. Should he keep it or should we remove it?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

KEEP!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Yes..Keep it Bill.

It seems you have made some good friends here.
It was given to you with respect.
Accept it with honor.

Rick

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Roger makes a very good point Bill, no one deserves the title more than you.
Get yourself a T shirt made and wear it with pride.

Thick as two short planks

15 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-18 16:32:01)

What do I do here, Roger? Wait for the concensus and the vote count? big_smile. If I may say so without appearing to be narcissistic, I know y'all care about me (and especially Dondra. Your recent shows of affection did much to help her to feel better and she is now happily working again 2 days a week).

I just wanted you all to know that such love and caring will not be forgotten, so to me y'all should be bestowed with the title. I know it's just in fun and I don't mean to make a mountain out of a molehill - just wanted you all to know how I felt.

I'm not a prima donna, so why don't I just say, "Thanks very much for the honor and let's get back to 'musicating'." Would that work?

Thanks for the honor!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

keepitreal wrote:

Roger makes a very good point Bill, no one deserves the title more than you.
Get yourself a T shirt made and wear it with pride.

I willl get it lettered onto the back of my Chordie t-shirt, as soon as D gives me my allowanace. Great idea, kir! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I agree Roger and carry Bill

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

KEEP

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

19 (edited by bluejeep 2015-08-18 21:16:32)

KEEP!  Musicator Extraordinaire has a nice ring to it, henceforth let it so be ordained. Go forth and musicate far and wide, over yonder mountains and across the oceans for all to hear.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Phill Williams wrote:

KEEP

Keep, not often people get a title!

dino48 wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

KEEP

Keep, not often people get a title!

i've had a few but none i could repeat here due to swearing rules which i support and maintain.

i had no time to think up and write a witty retort but now i have, so.....

lay back and take it like a man. cool

not very witty but it's the best i could come up with on short notice

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

So glad he said "lay back" and take it......."

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

He didn't say bend over Bill

Completely missed that, Peter! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

bensonp wrote:

He didn't say bend over Bill

L.O.L.  loved that shot Pete!