Topic: You totally rock dude...

I got to hear that in relation to my own playing last night.  That was cool.  It was my bass playing instead of my guitar playing (no one will confuse me for a competent guitar player).  And it wasn't true because I made a LOT of mistakes.  But the band that I was sitting in with had some fun.  Their drummer and rhythm guitar player have a pretty good ear for each other, so it was a piece of cake working into that good rhythm section.  The band's usual bass player is an exceptionally talented young fellow (about 17).  When I sit in with them, I take back seat to this kid because he is just so good I don't want to step on his toes.  But last night he wasn't there, so I got to play the way I play and they liked it.  At the end, the band leader/front singer said, "D, you totally rock dude."  Nice to hear, regardless of knowing different.  Real nice.  May even get some stage time when the regular guy isn't available. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: You totally rock dude...

Congrats!! I long to hear that one day myself...

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle