Topic: Close call

Jim (Mekidsdad) took me to the Guitar Centre in Syracuse yesterday. Luckily it was two days before I leave; had it been before the 'Gathering' I would have been buying this and leaving it at their home:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/629/20198149963_1369901b9f_k.jpg

There were two other 12ers, a Martin and a Taylor, both new and more expensive than this Guild but the action and tone of this outstripped the other two by far.

Roger

The price is unclear but it is $399.99.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Close call

Love me some guild.

Glad you made it out of there, Roger, but that is one beautiful instrument!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Say what?!? 4 big bones for a Guild twelver. Sonya can be very glad I did not make this Gathering.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wish we had visited the store while I was there at the gathering. I played a Guild f212xl for several years in the early '80s.  Due to a shoulder injury that big-bodied sucker got tough to play so I sold it.  I've regretted it ever since.  There's just something about the sound of a Guild 12er.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

You escaped that, Roger? Wow ... that's impressive willpower!

TF, only having a couple of days before having to leave it behind did not take much willpower. Now had I a couple of weeks it would have been a completely different kettle of fish.

Roger

Nice! Think I would have been very tempted too...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Why would you have to leave it behind?  Taxes?

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I`m glad that I didn`t see it. You know what I would have done.  Hint #19.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Zurf, there is no trade agreement between the States and Portugal so, not only would I have to also buy a hard case and pay to take it on two airlines, I would have to pay Portuguese import and taxes. I am told that the customs authorities are not concerned what you paid for an item, they will assess a value and charge you one third of what they think it is worth. Not a good system, except for the government. sad

Roger

That's unfortunate. Your voice was built for a twelver.

Thank you Zurf. you are too kind.  I do have a 12er here in Portugal (I have just arrived home) and I have one in the UK. Maybe next time I will get one for the States. smile

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

Maybe next time I will get one for the States. smile

Roger

I don't plan on getting rid of the Alvarez. If we're in close proximity you're always welcome to use it.

Thank you Joe. That is extremely kind of you.

Roger

Roger - Maybe I am ignorant, but couldn't you just mail it to yourself ?

Uncle Joe - You have an Alvarez ?  I have one too - but mine only has six strings

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke