Topic: My check-up

Spent the last 3 day's at M D Anderson Hospital in Houston, Tx. where I was poked, prodded, stuck, scanned, MRI'ed and examed from my elbow's to my appitite. Met with my doctor, yesterday morning, and received great news. Even though I was off my cancer meds for 5 weeks due to having hernia surgery, my cancer is shrinking. There are, per the doctor, some minute cancer cells still in a FEW of my lymph nodes but everything else is clear. Things are so good that my meds have been reduced to only 3 days per week instead of everyday. Anyway, I'm still doing my "Happy Dance".

Nela

Re: My check-up

That is GREAT news!! Not only will that perk your spirits up, less meds will make you feel better.

https://media.giphy.com/media/J93sVmfYBtsRi/giphy.gif

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Great news Nela!!

Glad to hear some happy news!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

WOOHOO !!!

After all you've been through in the last year or so, we're delighted for you with this news. NELA, you've earned a break from it all ... couldn't be happier for you.

http://cdn3.spiegel.de/images/image-440916-panoV9-fzde.jpg

That's just great NELA, and I hope it makes up for all the crap you've had to put up with this year.

Thick as two short planks

Way to go NELA! Great news!! Kick that cancer in the a$$!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Wonderful news Nela! Time for some phishing!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Feeling a whole lot better. Got out the ole 12 string K. Yairi, cleaned it, polished it and install new set of 9 / 46 strings. Gonna go out tomorrow night with my wife and play a little music with some good friends. Might even take me a little blue pill when we get home. Wish me luck.

Nela

Sounds good Nela. Glad to hear it. Go slow on the blue pill.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Finally some good news. Enjoy your night out. wink  You deserve every minute of it

12 (edited by bluejeep 2015-08-28 17:39:09)

bensonp wrote:

Sounds good Nela. Glad to hear it. Go slow on the blue pill.

If it lasts more than four hours you shouldn't have to go the hospital, you should get a trophy and recieve a certificate of achievment instead.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Great news, Nela! Onwards & upwards!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

You're past due for some good news. I'm glad you got some.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

So glad to hear this great news NELA! God is Good!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Deadstring, my good friend, good to hear from you again. How the heck have you been? You been missed around here so stay in touch a little more often. Us Louisiana boy's just may teach the rest of des folk a thing or 3.

Nela

I check in pretty regularly but don't say  much. Been fighting some anxiety issues since May but my new Dr took me off some pills that were doing more harm than good and I am doing pretty well. Glad to hear your report my friend.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Dealing with some anxiety stuff myself these days. I'm glad you're doing better without pills. That's encouraging to hear.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Short as I can explain I went to the  see if I could get something to take the edge off .What was prescribed did not agree with my body.Made me feel fainty and weird. The Dr. said it was panick attacks. Take another pill. After xrays, ct scan, heart cath, ecocardio something or other and other tests which all came back with pretty normal results I chose another Dr. He took me off of the stuff I was taking and put me on something different and got to feeling better instantly. Started me on a pill to be taken 3 times a day. That was soon changed to 1/2 pill 3 times a day. I am now down to 1/2 pill at bed time. Sometimes I take another 1 /2 in the morning if I feel I need to.  Did not want to highjack the thread but thought I should explain.

Deadstring, you are not highjacking this thread. If there is anything I can do for you, or any other member of this forum, all you gotta do is ask. I may be going to Shreveport on the 19th so maybe we can meet up and drink a pot or 2 of coffee or something. You take care of yourself and keep us informed. I, too, have had problems with different medications I was taking and had to get things stopped or changed.

Nela

Thanks Dennis. The 19th is our jam night at the church. Would be great to see you again.