Topic: For those who like camping!!

I just came across this on Facebook and thought it may interest some of you that enjoy camping out:

http://www.worthytoknow.com/may-think-n … -shocking#

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: For those who like camping!!

There are a number of camping hammocks available.  Where I see that one having an advantage over the others is that it one piece instead of two pieces for the hammock and separate mosquito netting, and also the spreader bar.  It looks like a well-designed product that adds a good bit of comfort (I presume) and only a very little bit of weight.  I wonder about the market though, as hammock camping is popular among minimalists, who may shun even the few ounces for the spreader bar.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I've camped in hammocks quite a bit.  My Hennessy Expedition Asym only weighs 2 lb-12 oz but I usually leave the fly at home and use a 9'x9' nylon tarp instead so my rig weighs about 3-1/2 lbs.  With the tarp I can keep my gear drier, cook under it, change clothes, etc.  I also have 2 rope hammocks and 2 South American style hammocks which I use at various times. 

Hammock camping is great in warmer weather but I much prefer a tent when it gets cold.  Its a lot easier trying to arrange an insulated pad and bulkier cold weather bag in a tent than in a hammock.

I don't like hammocks with spreader bars, its not the weight but the bulk.  May as well just carry a light-weight tent w/poles.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I like a good cot for overnight sleeping ... easier on the old bones! big_smile I have a hammock made of ripstop nylon which is great for a midday nap, and rolls up small enough to fit in the back pocket on my fishing vest ... very portable.

that's more like "glamping" than camping

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.