Topic: DISCUSSING & OPINIONS of NEW ALBUMS

I would be glad if we could start up a kind of " discussing" about recent new albums. Not from obscure groups, but released by BIG NAMES like the brand new album from CROWDED HOUSE.
Fantastic songs, great lyrics, but still (except for the drummer) typical Crowded House, and not to get in the BIG REUNION phenomenon, like the POLICE, one for the road, two for the money....
NO, they started again with a brand new album, and as far as I could listen 'my downloads) it looks great. The "FINNS" didn' loose their skills, attractive and catchy melodies.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DISCUSSING & OPINIONS of NEW ALBUMS

I havent heard the whole cd, but the new Rush song doesent sound that good to me.  But I did here a new Foo Fighters song today, and that sucker rocked!

Bobby
kickin.ws

ok, hear was mis-spelled.  I hope no one is grading these posts.    lol

Bobby
kickin.ws

I love foo fighters, not only because their music is good, but because their music is...well... foo fighters. lots of newer rock bands are slowly turning into pop bands like the killers for example i loved their first album, but the second hardly displayed that wonderful Killers edge found on the first. however, the foo fighters hold solid with their garage rock/grunge sound album after album. gotta love em!

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Guys, do you like a topic about discussing an album? I asked the question in the CHORDIE topic.
LIMITED: your opinion, if you had the occasion to listen a brand new album, AND discuss one of your oldies, like a Beatle album. I mean especcialy: act like a professional, concerning the album.
At least document some songs (in a very few words), like I did, but a little more "WHY".
I have the new Crowded House, and my critics are: very good album, typical Crowded House, and very pleased they came together to make a brand new album. They didn't loose their writing skills, and 18 years later: here they are again, with a super album. The only negative point is: all the songs are typical FINN songs, a constant great level, BUT I MISS PEARLS like 4 seasons in 1 day.
Maybe I am a bit too nostalgic.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

The new White stripes album is awesome, as always. It's got a lot of variety, Anyone could find a song they like on it.

anyone hear the latest WHite stripes disk?

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy