1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-08 13:15:12)

Topic: Back In Our Own Beds

After another 4-night stay tweaking her heart meds, my bride and I are finally back home. The good thing about this admission was that our hospital is only 5 minutes' drive away, and we had a phone call from our friend and fellow-Chordian, Rickyjack which brought a smile to both mine and Dondra's faces and which were much needed, I can attest.

We're both exhausted and I have some washing to do (both clothes and dishes) as well as my usual chores, but I'll peep in every now and then to see whatcha'll are up to. smile

I will also be working on my blog which will feature 2 versions of a short song/poem I wrote for my wife. The song got excellent treatment by our friends Mojo and Phill and I can't wait for y'all to read about yourselves and hear the song. I thank you both very much and will post here when the songs and new blog are up.

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Back In Our Own Beds

Take care of business buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thank you, Peter. smile

By the way, the new blog entry with the song(s) by Mo' and Phill is up. Just click on the blog link below and it will take you there with two clickable links! Thanks, you two!!!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Amen and hallelujah to sleeping in your own bed.  Sometimes, it's the best medicine there is.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-08 13:19:35)

Thanks, Zurf. We're just glad to be home and that maybe, finally this meds problem has all been settled. She has made so many folks feel better with her job and also when she's not working, she deserves to be much healthier than this and if I could take this sickness from her and put it on myself, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Good to hear that, Bill. Hope that's an end to your hospital excursions for a while...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-08 13:41:55)

Thanks, Norm.

We both would like to attend Topdown's "Chordiestock IV", but I can't and won't travel alone, so with your thoughts and prayers we should be able to keep her in our hearts and healthy.

Not meaning to hijack, but the flight prices from Atlanta to Tampa are quite reasonable, and since we've remarried, we have had only one vacation, back in 2009, so we're due for one.

Just in case, I've kinda started a "song list" of easy stuff I hope I'll be able to play by then.

Can anyone see my songbook here? I plan to keep that list in it, if anyone wants to take a look.

Thanks for the kind words, Norm.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

8 (edited by rickyjack 2015-09-08 14:22:35)

I'm glad you finally made it back home......Now stay there.

If anyone's interested, Bill doesn't have a German accent. I thought he might after hearing him refer to himself as a German boy. He sounds like he is from the south for sure.

I had the pleasure of talking to Dondra on the phone, what a sweetheart....It sounds like Bill has a good one there.

I just wish I lived closer. If I did I would go over and musicate the heck out of them.

Take care friend.

P.S.  If you make your songbook public I would like to check it out.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

So glad to hear the two of you are home. 

I read your blog, my favorite line is "Still whining, aren't I? So what? It's my blog........ and I'll whine if I want to. LOL"
You're a great writer, Bill.  Your personality really comes through your words.  We love ya, keep playing... even if it's just for yourself (and Dondra).  Music therapy is the best therapy.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

10 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-08 15:34:53)

Yeah, Rick,

I'm the "German Boy" (that's what they used to call me when I was young, so I proudly keep the nickname) and I lost my accent due to "peer pressure". That's just a fancy term for getting beaten up about twice a week by an old oak tree I had to pass in order to get home from school. Yes, before you ask, I did fight back, but because it was never "one on one", I had no chance.

It wasn't till 4 years later when The Beatles hit and I played drums in my first rock band, that the teasings and beatings finally stopped. All of a sudden them Georgia Boahs decided to like me!

I had also figured out that learning the southern accent might help as well, so, as I told Rick. "Ah started tawkin' lahk this, yawl".
It wasn't what I wanted, giving up my German accent, but I can reproduce it anytime.

And that's why I didn't sound German to you, my friend.

I'll see about making the Songbook public right now.

Thanks

Bill

ETA: Songbook is now public. Yawl. smile

And thank you Amy for those kind words. I have passed them along to "She Who Must Be Obeyed" wink wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

So glad for you and Dondra to be back at home, Bill ... a heck of an ordeal you've been through. Das ist alles sehr gut!

TF, thank you.

I just read that whole thing again, and I had made it sound like an old oak tree beat me up. Thanks for knowing it was a group of schoolmates who did that. As an English major I'm more than a bit perturbed by that mistake and give myself an "F" on that post!

smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

mekidsmom wrote:

So glad to hear the two of you are home. 

I read your blog, my favorite line is "Still whining, aren't I? So what? It's my blog........ and I'll whine if I want to. LOL"
You're a great writer, Bill.  Your personality really comes through your words.  We love ya, keep playing... even if it's just for yourself (and Dondra).  Music therapy is the best therapy.

Thanks for reading the blog, Amy, and thank you for the kind words.

If any of you would like to leave a comment or two on the blog, I'd be happy to receive them. They can be left by clicking the little white envelope at the bottom of the installment.

Thanks again, Amy

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass