Topic: Football 2015-2016 season

Hi Russell,Jerome, T.F.,Badeye(The Brady Bunch) and anyone else. pre-season is here. Tonight Steelers and vikings.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Football 2015-2016 season

You've got a great memory, Dino ... "The Brady Bunch" (LOL). I see the Pats will be hosting the Packers this coming Thursday. It's almost impossible to get a read on teams during pre-season, because we don't usually see the main starters for any length of time. Good chance for the new guys to break in their cleats.

The Vikings played solid defence yesterday.

3 (edited by dino48 2015-08-11 00:30:20)

T.F. Who could forget The Brady Bunch!,The Packers that should be a good game,I will be watching it they show it in this area. Deflatagate is set now and looks like Tom Brady is out 4 games,I think that's too many I belive Two would have been ok. I see that Russell Wilson (Seahawks Quarterback) is getting $21million a year now. Tom Bradys going too take this too a federal court,it was announced in the news today.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think it's going to be an interesting year.  The entire NFC West is "down" a bit, but I'm still homering out and picking the Seahawks to attend their third consecutive Superbowl.   The 49ers are a four win team.   The Rams will have a good defense and no offense, and Carson Palmer will break his kidney or something by week five.

Out of the NFC, the other legitimate contenders that I'd pick if I weren't a homer are the Packers, because Aaron Rodgers is the best QB anyone has seen since maybe ever, and Dallas, so long as Romo's back holds up.

In the AFC, this may be the year the Pats get kicked off of the throne, which would be fun.  When you add their current scandalously scandaly scandal about Tom Brady's affection for soft, supple balls with the ascension of Indianapolis, I'm picking the Colts to win the AFC.

My prediction for the big game in February.  Seattle beats Indy by a TD.   31-24.

Other NFL things I'm going to watch: 

*  The Jameis Winston Marcus Mariota Flying Circus.  Neither team is going to be any good, but Mariota will be a better NFL QB if his offensive line doesn't get him killed, ala Jake Locker.  Winston is a head case, and will either be Jeff George or Ryan Leaf, depending on if he has his impulse control problems solved or not.

*  Tim Tebow the Eagle:  Because like any good train wreck, you just can't look away.

*  Seahawks rookie wide out Tyler Locket - By every account, this kid is a budding superstar.   Smart, fast, student of the game, and mature way beyond his years.  Work ethic like Jerry Rice.  Good hands.   

* Rodger Goodell continues to clown shoe player violence issues.   I won't rehash the spate of mishandled domestic violence issues the NFL has put in the news lately, but Gino Smith getting his jaw broken in a fist fight with linebacker Ik Enempkapali,  having the Jets cut Ik immediately, and then having the Bills pick him up *the next day* has got to be on Commissioner Clown Shoes plate somewhere.

College ball:  USC.  They're a machine.   Ohio State: Their third string QB is still good enough to win the Heisman.   My Huskies:  Coach Pete is gonna need another year, I think, before this gels.

Go Hawks! (And Dawgs!)

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

5 (edited by dino48 2015-08-15 00:48:24)

Jerome great too see you ,it has been a long time. I think it is a little too early too call the winners. but I do think the Seahawks and Green Bay will be two of the top ones. Forty niners no telling at this point ,they really changed alot. I hope your new baby is doing good are you tired of the diapers and late night wakeup calls? Russell Wilson got $21 million thats a big raise!

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-15 00:26:01)

It's "Fussball" for me, guys, so I won't pollute your thread any further. Being from Bavaria, my team is FC Bayern Muenchen.

Bill out

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

It's "Fussball" for me, guys, so I won't pollute your thread any further. Being from Bavaria, my team is FC Bayern Muenchen.

Bill out

I never heard of them Bill. You might enjoy this post we do so join in when you like.

dino48 wrote:

Jerome great too see you ,it has been a long time. I think it is a little too early too call the winners. but I do think the Seahawks and Green Bay will be two of the top ones. Forty niners no telling at this point ,they really changed alot. I hope your new baby is doing good are you tired of the diapers and late night wakeup calls? Russell Wilson got $21 million thats a big raise!

Baby is awesome, but she's in Ireland right now with her mom.  I'm heading over in a few weeks.

Early SB predictions are about as useful as the pre-season.   Fun, but ultimately meaningless.  Unless you're right.  Then you get to gloat for a year.  big_smile

Everyone knew Wilson was going to get paid, and to be fair to him, all he does is win football games, so I guess that's OK.   They didn't break the bank, and they are really good at finding players deep in the draft and on the cheap.   Andrew Luck is going to reset the bar in a few months, anyway, and be the highest paid player ever.  That will be interesting to watch.

Dino, dear friend,

Not surprised you never heard of 'em. They're a football team in my home country of Germany. I was born there and we emigrated in 1960 to the USA and here I am: A friend of yours! smile

Good luck to all of your teams, Chordie football fans!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Baby is awesome, but she's in Ireland right now with her mom.  I'm heading over in a few weeks.

Early SB predictions are about as useful as the pre-season.   Fun, but ultimately meaningless.  Unless you're right.  Then you get to gloat for a year.  big_smile

Everyone knew Wilson was going to get paid, and to be fair to him, all he does is win football games, so I guess that's OK.   They didn't break the bank, and they are really good at finding players deep in the draft and on the cheap.   Andrew Luck is going to reset the bar in a few months, anyway, and be the highest paid player ever.  That will be interesting to watch.

Lucky mom and baby!!,I think Wilson is worth the big dollars he is a great Q.B. and has been underpaid for awile now

jerome.oneil wrote:

*  The Jameis Winston Marcus Mariota Flying Circus.  Neither team is going to be any good, but Mariota will be a better NFL QB if his offensive line doesn't get him killed, ala Jake Locker.  Winston is a head case, and will either be Jeff George or Ryan Leaf, depending on if he has his impulse control problems solved or not.

I live in the Tampa Bay area and have been hearing about Jameis non-stop for over a year now. While I agree, he did some bone-headed things in college and I was extremely skeptical about drafting him, since he has become a buc, he has said and done everything that could be asked. All reports and early training camp buzz has been extremely positive. He is an incredible athlete, a gym rat and great student. He is a natural leader and exudes charisma. While 1 stupid move could wipe out all of the positives, so far, so good. Tampa has great receivers, but the running game and O Line are suspect. That said, he is under the tutelage of Derrick Brooks - a legendary Buc and FSU alumni and a well respected member of the community. He couldn't be in better hands. I and many in the area are excited about his potential.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I live in the Tampa Bay area and have been hearing about Jameis non-stop for over a year now. While I agree, he did some bone-headed things in college and I was extremely skeptical about drafting him, since he has become a buc, he has said and done everything that could be asked. All reports and early training camp buzz has been extremely positive.

Training camp buzz is what the media reports on in order to sell more dish soap.   I look at his behavior when Oregon was kicking the snot out of him.  He had a meltdown and didn't look like a guy that I'd want under center under pressure.   If Oregon's (admittedly under rated) defensive front can elicit that kind of response out of him, I can't help but wonder what he's going to do when JJ Watt and Charles Johnson are up under his grill all night.

He is an incredible athlete, a gym rat and great student.

All of this is true.

He is a natural leader and exudes charisma.

All of this is not true.  He is not a great leader.  He is quite the opposite.  He is immature, has impulse control issues, and has been generally unaccountable for his actions, and protected from their repercussions by his academic institution.   

While 1 stupid move could wipe out all of the positives, so far, so good.

That would be after the long string of stupid moves he's made in the past?   The list of leopards that change their spots at this point in their life is pretty small.   Chris Carter is the only guy I can think of that's managed to do that.

Hi guys, I can't even talk football anymore, my 49ers got rid of anyone who was good. I'm glad I've gotten more into College football GO DUKE.

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

14 (edited by dino48 2015-09-05 00:35:49)

cameronkl7 wrote:

Hi guys, I can't even talk football anymore, my 49ers got rid of anyone who was good. I'm glad I've gotten more into College football GO DUKE.

Hi cam good too see you ae still aound,I have been real busy getting my last couple of collage classes over. I do not know why they let coach Harbough go and some others,some of the others got onto trouble and a couple of them retired so I do not see a very good year for this season. A Doctors son is pulling the strings now. I am a 49er fatihfull though  Go Stanford!

cameronkl7 wrote:

Yeah college ball!  Thoughts from week 1.

1. #1 Ohio State looked good beating up VA Tech.  To be fair, VA Tech looked OK in the 2nd period against them, but when the opposing teams #3 QB is still a Heisman candidate, you're going to have problems.  (Mark your calendar - that is me saying something nice about VA Tech.)

2. Washington State Cougs it against Portland State.  Lolz!  Expect Mike Leach to get fired soon.

3. My Huskies looked respectable getting beat on the road by a really good Boise State team.  Expect Chris Peterson to build a contender over the next few years.

4.  Stanford loses to Northwestern.  Ouch!

5. Oregon gives up 42 points to my Alma Mater Eastern Washington, a DII school?  Might be trouble ahead for the Ducks (and I love trouble for the Ducks).

6.  Michigan loses to Utah to start out the Jim Harbaugh era.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  smile  With any luck, Oregon State will make them 0-2 to start the year.

7.  Penn State got embarrassed on national TV, getting thrashed by Temple.  If it weren't for WSU getting whomped (see #2) it would have been the worst thing to happen to any team in week 1.

16 (edited by dino48 2015-09-09 01:08:09)

Looks like Tom Brady and the pats won thier plea he is not going too be out for four games. I think the Brady Bunch here will be happy. ( Badeye and Tenement Funster). I still have not seen a Rams or arizona fan here. I thnk the first game will be this thursday night and belive it will be the Seahawks and I did not hear the other team.

dino48 wrote:

Looks like Tom Brady and the pats won thier plea he is not going too be out for four games. I think the Brady Bunch here will be happy. ( Badeye and Tenement Funster). I still have not seen a Rams or arizona fan here. I thnk the first game will be this thursday night and belive it will be the Seahawks and I did not hear the other team.

eye

LIKE....    badeye.    cool

one caper after another

18 (edited by dino48 2015-09-10 19:14:21)

Looks like tonights game will be Steelers vs Patriots,I saw on bings page that Las Vegas has picked Seahawks and Green bay Packers to be there. I think they are way too early on predicting.I thing its a gambling ploy. I should have put in going too the super bowl.

dino48 wrote:

I'm a bit of a fan of both.  Both teams have coaches I like.  Arizona has players I like, namely Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald.  The Rams play really good, aggressive defense, and I like that.

So long as it doesn't impact the Seahawks I'm happy to pull for most of the NFC West. 

They always play the Seahawks tough.  Opening up at the Rams and then at Green Bay is the most brutal opening two games.  A real possibility of the 'Hawks opening up 0-2, which would cause panic and riots in the streets up here.  big_smile

Hey jerome I wish the niners had Larry Fitzgerald the guy is almost always practicising catching during the games.. I agree the Rams had a good defense last year. I do not know if J.nelson will be able too play as he got hurt but they have a rookie who is doing good in his place.

I'm sour against my Pats that they had to cheat to win. That stuff just sucks ... if the media has indeed been objective and honest about what they've reported. That would be a first!

Tenement Funster wrote:

I'm sour against my Pats that they had to cheat to win. That stuff just sucks ... if the media has indeed been objective and honest about what they've reported. That would be a first!

The media is not that good anymore I am not sure if they cheated or not but I always could feel if a ball was not quite filled with air. They had a good team seems like they would not need too cheat.

If the Pats didn't have the history that they do with pushing the boundaries of the rule book all over, "deflategate" would have been barely a couple of column inches.

Jordy Nelson is gone for the year.  I don't think that's going to matter much to Aaron Rodgers, though.  Like I said, he might be the best QB anyone has ever seen.  The guy is phenomenal.

Also, for laughs, I joined a fantasy league this year.  20 teams.  You talk about a thin roster.  I drafted first (took Rodgers) and by the time my next pick came around there was literally no one left.

Should be fun!

jerome.oneil wrote:

If the Pats didn't have the history that they do with pushing the boundaries of the rule book all over, "deflategate" would have been barely a couple of column inches.

Jordy Nelson is gone for the year.  I don't think that's going to matter much to Aaron Rodgers, though.  Like I said, he might be the best QB anyone has ever seen.  The guy is phenomenal.

Also, for laughs, I joined a fantasy league this year.  20 teams.  You talk about a thin roster.  I drafted first (took Rodgers) and by the time my next pick came around there was literally no one left.

Should be fun!

I pretty much agree with you jerome,I think they were the team that was accused of spying on other teams a few years back.If so I do not get it, they have had a good team for years and won alot off super bowels. Too bad about Nelson and I do think Aaron Rodgers is most likely the best one ever. I missed the fantasy this year. I am surprised he was left! Russell must be busy with another project he has not posted here yet  this year.

Hey Jerome I watched the game today it was alot of good action the hawks scored alot of points the last quarter but the lost in the ovetime.Rams defense is good. 49ers play mon night, and I did not get too see Green Bay s game the did not put it on here.