Topic: Multi-track recorders - any recommendations?

Hi,

I am looking to buy a multi-track recorder.  I am particularly interested in the Boss BR-600.  I would not want to spend much more than about £200.00.  I dont really know much about these things, and wondered if anyone has one of these, what they are like (ease of use, etc), or whether anyone could recommend another model that may be better?

Thanks guys.

Stuart

'Keep on rockin' in the free world!!'

Re: Multi-track recorders - any recommendations?

I wanted one but i got Jam lab a computer recording and digital effect device but thats only the program the device is small and chep

I use "guitar pro3", a 32 track recording system on the computer. the program is superb I think, you might need to upgrade your soundcard to make the best of it although I still use my inbuilt soundcard and it wrks fine for me.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

What are you using to plug your guitar and mic into your computer?

Zoom MRS8 Multi Track Digital Recorder - worth considering

has buildt in drum machine

records to a flash card

under £200

gar wrote:

What are you using to plug your guitar and mic into your computer?

I am using a pzm mic.
but my mate uses this program wit han electric guitar and he plugs his efeects proccessor stright into the computer with the guitar as well, sometimes just pluge the giutar straight in the pc, but the microphone is just straight into your microphone jack.

turn everything down to start wit.
this is why I say might be better upgrading soundcard. But I am doing fine with my built in original soundcard.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending