Topic: Transposing Chords

I was wondering if we will ever be able to transpose the chords in a song, then save it to our songbook and have our songbook actually save it in the transposed form?

Re: Transposing Chords

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum. I have no problem on my laptop. I have just been into one of my songbooks and transposed a song +5, I then closed down for half an hour and when I re-started and opened Chordie again it was still at +5. I will try again tomorrow and see if it is still the same and report back.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger. Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if this has happened every time, but I know some of the songs reverted back to their original keys.

Sorry Rick,

I forgot to report back sad. Just checked and the song has not changed; after your comments I checked my other songs, many of which are transposed and they are all OK.

Please list me two of the songs that you have had a problem with (and the version if there is more than one) and I will experiment with them in my song book.

Roger

Where is the ability to transpose chords that used to be on the right side of the screen?

Still there, Dale!  smile

Have you changed equipment or operating system since you last used the transpose? Please let us know what equipment, operating system and browser you are using for us to be able to assist you.

Roger

I no longer have the transpose option. I am using Windows 10. What happened?

Garrett.

Hi Garrett,

I too am using Windows 10 and I still have the transpose, so I am at a loss to know what is causing your difficulty. As there are some changes on the way the person who could probably answer this is extremely busy trying to get everything right with the updated version (which may well sort it for you) so, if you can please be a little patient and write again if the re-vamped Chordie does not do the trick.

If any of my more computer literate colleagues has any other suggestions please say so.

Roger

Dear Roger,

Thanks for your reply.

OK, I will wait for the updated website and hope I can use the Transpose option again. It is one of the website's most important features for me.

Cheers,

Garrett.

Roger,

I just checked the website again and discovered that the transpose option is still there, but only on some songs in my songbook. Strange, but at least I have it.

Many thanks for your input.

Cheers,

Garrett.

Hi Garret,

Please post the links to a couple of your songs that do not have the 'Transpose' feature.

Roger

i used to love using chordie.  The new format is very frustrating.     I just got registered.   How do I transpose chords?

ontapmusic wrote:

i used to love using chordie.  The new format is very frustrating.     I just got registered.   How do I transpose chords?

The transpose tool is in almost the same place it was before the change.

Open your songbook (or any songbook).

On the right side, below the chord diagrams, there is a box that says "Songbook". Below that is a box that says Transpose. I hadn't looked before now but it is there and it works the same way it always did.

https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AACOFvoO2SVn3GJiEMldIPXHsXQdMsFrkEGN7jZPVWH31Q/12/498653256/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/SongTools.JPG/EMT1hoYEGC0gAigC/T_cr-yHDv_gnOkcM_EWAKI2Fh_K24zRSrrXqLff3U4U?size=1024x768&size_mode=3

You'll want to look, as UJB said, on the right hand of the open Song page for Transpose Chords.  Hope this picture helps you find it!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

RE: transposing chords. This worked for me. !. Make sure the song in your song book is in the song or artist catalog. 2 If so, .Delete the song in your songbook. 3. Go to catalog, find song, select desired book, desired key, click add. Order that you select desired book and key seems to make a difference. Hope this will help. Rvewan