Re: Starbucks coffee

jerome.oneil wrote:

I would like to note, for the sake of my sanity, that it is "ESPRESSO" not "EXPRESSO."   One is steamed coffee, the other is a magical incantation at Hogwarts.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

I am a child of the 60's and I have to say that Cliff Richard's song and film "Expresso Bongo" has led me astray all these years:

http://cdn.discogs.com/8DurjZuZ1vFoHr-FbtsKGqCKTAM=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/R-2935383-1421250114-2575.jpeg.jpg

(Well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it smile )

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Baldguitardude wrote:

I'm kind of a coffee snob at home. I have an espresso machine, a french press and a lovely little device called the Aeropress which, for $35 will produce the best cup of coffee you've ever made at home. (I actually have two aeropresses and use the second one for making herbal extracts and teas. You can press thyme or rosemary through it and it makes a concentrated water that is fantastic for use in cooking, esp. marinating.)

I'm trying to convince the wife that we aught to trade in the big 'ol drip machine for a big ol' French press.  It's only the two of us in the morning, so no point in taking the time or effort of busting out a 12 cup drip.

If you press thyme and rosemary through a chicken, you'll get an excellent gravy.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Roger Guppy wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I would like to note, for the sake of my sanity, that it is "ESPRESSO" not "EXPRESSO."   One is steamed coffee, the other is a magical incantation at Hogwarts.

I am a child of the 60's and I have to say that Cliff Richard's song and film "Expresso Bongo" has led me astray all these years:

http://cdn.discogs.com/8DurjZuZ1vFoHr-F … 5.jpeg.jpg

(Well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it smile )

Roger

I am off to find that album. Right now.  EXPRESSO!

Doug_Smith wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I stand corrected....... darn that phonics!!  But then again it does reinforce the adage that we don't pay enough attention to the spelling, as long as it has the right number of letters and the appropriate sounds at the beginning and end of the word.

Doug I wish I would have said that too all my English teachers I would have had a good excuse for my bad spelling!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

After following this thread I realise why I don't like coffee. I'm just not clever enough to drink it! With all the different machines, types  of coffee, spellings. I would die of thirst before I made a cup. Thank heaven for tea, just plonk a bag in a mug add boiling water a little  milk and enjoy. Even I can do that.
Ps, remove the bag before drinking (choking hazard).

Thick as two short planks

Keepitreal, I suggest one day you nip just out of Nottingham to Bulcote and find the Mulberries Coffee Shop. There are more teas there (and coffees too) than you can shake a stick at and this is proper tea. You know, the real dried leaves that you have to put in a pot, add boiling water and then filter out the spent leaves after it has brewed and before drinking...... lol lol lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Keepitreal, I suggest one day you nip just out of Nottingham to Bulcote and find the Mulberries Coffee Shop. There are more teas there (and coffees too) than you can shake a stick at and this is proper tea. You know, the real dried leaves that you have to put in a pot, add boiling water and then filter out the spent leaves after it has brewed and before drinking...... lol lol lol

Roger

Why would you want to shake a stick at coffee?

Baldguitardude wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

He didn't say you'd want to.  He just said you couldn't.  Now me, I love shaking sticks at things so I'd be sorely disappointed.  And sometimes I prefer waggling my finger while clucking tsk, tsk.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

He didn't say you'd want to.  He just said you couldn't.  Now me, I love shaking sticks at things so I'd be sorely disappointed.  And sometimes I prefer waggling my finger while clucking tsk, tsk.

Well now that's a better clarification than you can shake a stick at.

To much caffeine in this thread.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

To much caffeine in this thread.

I did not sleep at all last night due to caffeine, and I'm paying for it today with more caffeine. The wife and I had to drive to her hometown last night, but the main route to get from our house to there is shut down by cleanup from those nasty California mudslides. Starting at 5.30 last night, a 4-hour drive became a 7-hour drive and I was so pumped full of energy drinks and coffee that I fell asleep at 2 and woke up at 5.

And so far today I've had 4 cups of coffee (my usual is 1) just to stay awake It's a vicious cycle.

I am currently trying to level myself off by working on a pint while I work on my computer. smile

French press today for the wife.  I'm teaching this week so I'm sucking down the crappy coffee at work.

Life is sometimes unfair.

Ugh.  I'll be drinking some coffee today.  Woke up last night after only an hour and a half sleep and didn't get back to sleep until about an hour before the alarm.  I should have gone fishing.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Ugh.  I'll be drinking some coffee today.  Woke up last night after only an hour and a half sleep and didn't get back to sleep until about an hour before the alarm.  I should have gone fishing.

Yep you would be a lot better off,I hate no sleep work days and fishing is the cure!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Went to a Starbucks once, in Boston. Never again! I try to avoid all the major "chains" and use small independent places.

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

Went to a Starbucks once, in Boston. Never again! I try to avoid all the major "chains" and use small independent places.

Sounds like most do not like Starbucks,I will not buy any. I think I will stick to my homebrewed Folgers,Maxwell House, Yuban etc.