Topic: For No One

acoustic  cover of For no one  by  Barclay  James Harvest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFgf27Dy0uE

Re: For No One

Very good, Graham ... you're in fine voice. I'd never heard the original song. I noticed you play an "A" chord like I do, with 2 fingers. Easier than trying to cram 3 in there.

The  original  is  excellent and  the  meaning  still applies today. Re the  A chord  I'm a  lazy  player I try  to  make  it  easy for my  self .LOL

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-07-01 10:43:01)

Very nice one Graham !  Pretty cool song - I had never heard of that song or band  before. Thanks for sharing and enlightening.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Good one Graham. Looking at your pickup on the sound hole and it looks like my Dean Markley is it one also?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Excellent sound Graham.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Dino its just a cheap Chinese one I got off amazon 5 pounds sounds ok plugged in

Grah1 wrote:

Dino its just a cheap Chinese one I got off amazon 5 pounds sounds ok plugged in

sure puts the sound out good,I got my Dean Markly in 1983 and it is american made,it looks the same as yours though.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

http://rs862.pbsrc.com/albums/ab187/rocker_4u/Unnamedggdgdgd.gif~c200 

NICE JOB!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Very good Grah (y)

nice cover grah, i too thought the sound was excellent, where did you get it from as i'm thinking of getting my old fender 90 out of mothballs.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Came via amazon from china I got another one in case any one turned up to open mics without an electro acoustic

Never heard that one before. Your usual excellent standard Graham.

Thick as two short planks

Thanks for the comment K.I might addit into my boxing day set at the village pub ,unless I can find an Rc 3 looper then Ill play the whole set electric .Its difficult to know what acoustic songs to include to pad out a  50 min electric set to two hours ,my current looper only holds 11 tracks ,so that plus the 3 in my trio only gives14 and its not enough.