Topic: My Dear Friends

Please excuse my absence, but I have been rather busy of late taking care of Dondra who has now suffered a stroke.

The correct term is "Evolving Stroke" which means just that: there may be another, more serious one coming. I watch her closely and do what are known as "neurochecks". I get her to smile - making sure the smile is even, get her to lift both arms simultaneously, and other stuff. The stroke affected her eyesight at first (and still does to some degree) then her speech, but those are now mostly resolved.

Roger, she thanks you very much for your phone call to check on her and she was happy to hear your friendly voice.

I also have not forgotten what my Chordie friends have done for us to make her feel better and I know I promised a Thanksgiving poster with a Thanksgiving card and all the names I could remember. If I forgot someone, please know it wasn't intentional and we are both very grateful - if a little "knackered" from all the Home Health Nurses and Physical Therapists who come 3 times a week.

I don't know if this will show correctly, so if it doesn't may I ask one of the mods/admins to fix it, please?

I am sorry this is so late......

Bill

PS: If y'all don't hear from me for a few days, just know it's because I am taking care of my wife and not because I don't want to interact with you, okay?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/Drummerboy49/20151201_120356-2-1_resized_1.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: My Dear Friends

Take care Bill our thoughts are with you and Dondra .

Your online fan club is cheering louder than ever for a speedy recovery and some calm for both of you!

Prayers are with you . Just know we are here.

Joe

dear Bill,

i feel so saddened at your news, having said that i am glad you're keeping us all in the loop and up dated with things. please give Dondra all our love, from Ann and myself and we hope soon you will come back and give us that happy news that Dondra is well again.

keep rocking my friend

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Take good care of her, as I know you will Bill. And take care of yourself too buddy.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Bill, my prayers are with Dondra and you thru this time of need.

Nela

I was hopeful that things were getting better for the two of you when I spoke to Dondra but you seem to have been going though the mill again. It really is about time that have less troubles.

Thoughts and prayers with you both.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I also thought Dondra and yourself sounded rather upbeat and positive.  I'm so sorry to hear about your latest setback. My best wishes to you both, and thank you for including me in the poster.

Thick as two short planks

10 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-12-02 16:12:43)

Well, since you mentioned it, I'll comment on that "upbeat and positive" attitude we try to have, keepitreal (I think your name is Brian, but I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly).

When this whole thing with the heart began months ago, I kept thinking "they're gonna fix this", never once imagining that it would take such a long time for them to finally put in a pacemaker or that she would take a turn for the worse so many times (14 hospital admissions in one month's time - one of them lasting 20 days) or that she would wind up having a stroke.

While all of that was going on and I was keeping y'all updated with all the changes, I couldn't help but think, "What must the Chordians be thinking???? No one's luck is that bad!"

So after the pacemaker was put in and the stroke happened, I honestly didn't know what else to say to you, my friends, so I took some time off from posting here and stayed awake at night for about a week so I'd be sure to be at her bedside if she had another, worse CVA (cardiovascular accident - otherwise known as a stroke).

Luckily she did not and has not (so far), but I'm wary that it may happen again and she and I are all each other has. Again, luckily my physical health is good (although I still have the dementia stage 4) and I can help her get around if she needs it.

But yeah, we've tried our best to think positive and be upbeat, Dondra being better at it than I am. She rarely complains and is secure in the peace her religion gives her.  She will also downplay her illness when family calls - that's the way she is

Yes, we've been very unlucky these last 6 months, but we've both been "through the wringer" so many times now, nothing surprises us anymore.

I've never been what you'd call "religious" (spiritual, maybe), but lately I've begun to pray very hard for her to get better, and there you have it: A bird's eye view of what goes on at Casa Craig.

After the holidays there will be another adjustment to the pacemaker. Right now it's just managing the atria of the heart - keeping its beat regular at 70 bpm. She does however still have the atrial fibrillation so the adjustment to be made will include the ventricles. What that means is that she will be totally dependent on the pacemaker to keep her heart going: something else to get used to, but hopefully she will have a better quality of life when that happens.

Yeah, people really can be this unlucky, but what's it gonna help to mope around? Nothing, right?

Thanks so much everyone! We love you!

Bill

Edited to correct spelling and to add the love! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill and Dondra I think you two have gone through enough I hope all will go better very soon,my prayers are with you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hoping the best for both of you.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Bill and Dondra .......  sorry to hear another rough time for you both, it has been one tough year for you two.   Like Dondra I am a big believer in the Man Upstairs so got you both in my prayers.  Thank you for including me in your card, its an honor to be added on there smile  Don`t think I have told you this before Bill but my mum has dementia as well, so i have an understanding what it is like.  Look after yourself Bill as well as Dondra and you are doing a wonderful job looking after your precioius lady smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanks for the "Thanksgiving Card", Bill ... so typically thoughtful of you. Here's wishing you both good health in the very near future.

Thanks for the card Bill.

Here's wishing the both of you well with your ongoing struggles.

https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allgraphics123.com%2Fag%2F01%2F9487%2F9487.jpg&sp=af8b8e86dd9c15266472314cd4a31423

I'm so sorry to hear you two are still going through the wringer.  You're both in our thoughts on a regular basis.  I do hope things turn around for you soon.  This is more than anyone needs to deal with, especially without a lot of help from family nearby! Thank you so very much for thinking of all of us during this... your kindness for others and thoughtfulness while dealing with enough of your own issues says heaps about your character (yourself and Dondra of course).  We love ya's!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Best wishes to you Bill and Dondra in this trying time.
I hope things workout for the positive for you both.
Here's a little relaxing melody for you both..
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6552717

VERY nice, arkady and as you said VERY relaxing. I joined soundclick so I could leave a 5 star rating and comment!

Thanks for thinking of both of us with this beautiful melody, my friend!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

welcome back Bill, hope things are looking up for you and Dondra

out of tune out of key and out of touch

I'm getting a "photo not found" message on the picture of the poster, Mo', but I'm pretty sure I forgot to put your name on it. If I did, please excuse me and thank you very much for your well wishes, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill and Dondra

Best wishes and improving health for you both !!
Good to hear from you !

Chordie is just not the same when you're not here ! smile

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Chordie is just not the same when you're not here ! smile

Jim

Heh-Heh. This is the only site I've ever been a member of where someone hasn't complained about my posts being too long. It's nice to be able to write to y'all. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I'm getting a "photo not found" message on the picture of the poster, Mo', but I'm pretty sure I forgot to put your name on it. If I did, please excuse me and thank you very much for your well wishes, my friend!

Bill

your excused, good to have you back

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

Hey Bill, it looks like the photo is no longer available on photobucket for some reason. But, I went through your photos in there, and found it in a different location.  My guess is maybe you uploaded a new version of the photo (or photobucket got weird) and photobucket made the old one unavailable and gave the new one a slightly new name.  Anyhow... for anyone that didn't see it yet, here it is!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/Drummerboy49/20151201_120356-2-1_resized.jpg

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mojo01 wrote:

welcome back Bill, hope things are looking up for you and Dondra

^^^ this ^^^

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude