Topic: Help with a gospel song

Does anybody know the chords to "Where The Timbers Cross" by Walt Mills. I have the lyrics but my problem is that I need to learn the song by this coming Friday when we have our regular jam session. I have only heard the song a couple of times and I think it was in Eb. I won't have the CD in my hands until late Wednesday afternoon so I'm just trying to get a jump on the learning process. For whatever reason I cannot get You Tube to play on my 'puter so that's out. If you have or know this song your help would be greatly apreicated. This will save me a lotta time as I'm certian that I'll have to transpose the song to either G or A to work with my wife's voice. Thanks.

Nela

Re: Help with a gospel song

http://www.mmchurch.org/guitar/W/Where% … 0-%20G.pdf

I hope this helps.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Hey NELA - if I remember correctly, you've got a slowish internet connection.  That's probably why you're having issues with youtube - it takes a bit of bandwidth/speed to get those videos to play.  Amazon has the song available to buy on MP3 - but even better, you should be able to listen to a portion of the song for free from their purchase page. 

Go to the link below, scroll down a little, under the album art you'll see the song title and a little sideways triangle to play the song.  It won't play the whole thing, but maybe it'll be enough with the chords RickyJack provided to get ya on track!  Good luck! (of course, you could buy the stinking mp3 for like 89 cents and hear the whole thing too... but, I'm just suggesting hearing the preview so you can listen for free in a way that should work for ya).

http://www.amazon.com/Where-The-Timbers … B001FI390E

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

RJ, thanks for the link. I actually printed the song this morning @ 4:30am Central Time but only just now getting the time to say thank you.

MKM, don't know what's up with You-Tube but it just won't work here at my wife's house. It used to work but not now. All I get is a message saying "an error has occured". I'll have the CD in my hands sometimes Wednesday so I sihould be good. Will run thru the song a couple of times with the chords RJ provided then transpose them to something my wife can sing.

Nela

Update on the song. I got the CD yesterday and began playing along with it. This CD is an album recorded by a good friend on mine that I haven't seen for many years. I haven't been able to talk to him about the key of the song and was given the CD by his sister. Anyway, the best I can tell by listening and playing along he recorded it in a third position C. The only way i  can get the key to sound right is for me to capo 3rd fret and play A - D - E". This sounds right to my tired old ears so that's how I'ma gonna play it until I learn it. I'm gonna have to change the key, anyway, once my wife gets the time to sit down and sing along with me.

Nela

I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.