Topic: Noise issues

So running a Mexican fat Stratocaster through a solid state Fender amp with brand new cables. No effects pedals. I get a bad noise when the pickup selector is in between neck and middle, or between middle and humbucker pickup.  Also there when I go to humbucker only.
It's worse in overdrive.
Thoughts?
It's a real problem on stage between songs. 
Assistance would be appreciated.

Re: Noise issues

Is it a pop or a hum? If a hum it's likely a middle pickup grounding issue (if it only happens in positions 2 and 4).

Everything is worse in overdrive.:) Kick on a tuner between songs as a temporary fix.

i get the same type of thing with my tele and strat. i think it's a bad earth (ground) thing with  mexican fenders. i turn the guitar vol off between songs and try not to stand too close to the amp.

maybe russ can offer a better solution. i'd like to know it myself.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

i get the same type of thing with my tele and strat. i think it's a bad earth (ground) thing with  mexican fenders. i turn the guitar vol off between songs and try not to stand too close to the amp.

maybe russ can offer a better solution. i'd like to know it myself.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

5 (edited by beamer 2015-12-08 01:48:06)

Try a power conditioner. This is a great buy! http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor … onditioner  heck get it test it and if it doesn't work return it. if it does not eliminate it, it may reduce it a lot for you.  Heck @ 30 bucks I may buy one!  Don't need all that, then try this. http://www.amazon.com/Ebtech-Hum-Voltag … onditioner  with amazon you know you will have no trouble returning it either.   They also have the other one on prime for 10 more bucks but I would see what MF is going to charge you for shipping and compare.

As far as the guitars them selves, Has anyone asked a Tech about shielding? or checking the grounds?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)