Topic: Wichita Lineman

Wichita Lineman has been called the first existential country song and made the Rolling Stone Magazine list of 500 greatest songs at #192. Here's some background on the song: "Jimmy Webb's inspiration for the lyric came while driving through rural southwestern Oklahoma. Heading westward on a straight road into the setting sun, Webb drove past a seemingly endless line of telephone poles, each looking exactly the same as the last. Then, in the distance, he noticed the silhouette of a solitary lineman atop a pole. He described it as "the picture of loneliness". Webb then "put himself atop that pole and put that phone in his hand" as he considered what the lineman was saying into the receiver. Glen Campbell added in a statement to the Dallas Observer that Webb wrote the song about his first love affair with a woman who married someone else." - Wikipedia

This is a rough first take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xplkPzfGA

Original Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/thegilsongs
Cover Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/All1Song

Re: Wichita Lineman

Good song thanks for sharing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good cover. I like this song smile

[url]https://soundcloud.com/curtis-k-music[/url]

beautiful song and a great rendition. i tried doing this once but i couldn't pitch it right so i haven't tried it again. but your pitch is good. thanks for sharing

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Superb!

Wish I had "a rough first take" that sounded that good.

I've listened to many of your covers and think you're an excellent musician.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

I've listened to many of your covers and think you're an excellent musician.

Ditto if you check on our site Gill  has done most of the videos on the side and most of the one's on the songs!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman