Topic: just read

I just read a post from a man who has trouble with his pointer finger. I have a post started playing about 10 months ago at 61 years young  but---- I have a short middle finger from a wood splitter. Have adapted pretty good but having trouble with barre chords I dont know if it is from rollinf my middle finger out or what. But it took me over 2 months to play the c chord. have seen some real helpful things and songs on here. On a side note we have a small maple syrup hobby make about 11 to 15 gals. a year anyone else have this hobby?

Re: just read

Good old whats-his-name from Grateful Dead was also missing a lot of his middle finger. Jerry Garcia! That's it. Anyway, he figured it out.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks did not know that

Django Reinhart only had two good fingers on his fret hand, and Tony Iomi from Sabbath was missing 1/2 of two of his fingers. Jeff Healey was born blind and played his guitar more like a lap steel.

Lots of world class musicians adapt their instrument/playing style to the limitations of their body. You're in great company!

Zurf wrote:

Good old whats-his-name from Grateful Dead was also missing a lot of his middle finger. Jerry Garcia! That's it. Anyway, he figured it out.

But it's his right hand that's missing the finger so no problem making chords or playing those sweet licks. smile