Topic: Cigar box guitar day

I went to Kendal in Cumbria today and found quite by chance in a book shop called The Works a cigar box guitar kit for 30 pounds  ,so I bought one.Assembly consisted of stringing and fitting top nut and bridge ,it came with a glass slide ,a built in pick up and a backing cd.Down side was the neck was a little rough on the sides ,which I soon sorted and the cigarbox transfers are pvc stickers.
It sounds pretty good but feeds back a little at high volume. I may strip it down and decorate it my self later but for now its good.

Re: Cigar box guitar day

nice one graham, but where's the photo?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

nice one graham, but where's the photo?

Seriously!!

Pics or it didn't happen. smile

4 (edited by Grah1 2015-12-17 22:48:13)

I'll post a little vid as soon as I can
you tube  seems  to be  misbehaving

We have the works down here in Nottingham,  must check this out. I take it the floodwaters have receded up there.

Thick as two short planks

Mostly OK but still  pretty  damp  in  the  low  lands  I  had  to  make  a  big detour  yesterday  as  one  lane I use regularly  still needed  a  boat  to  get  through it.

7 (edited by Grah1 2015-12-17 23:50:09)

http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/instruments … 1743677582
This  is  a  link  to  the  item 
Like  I  said previously  the  sound  box  is a  fibre box  like  a  hard  card  but  the neck is  hardwood 

http://www.theworks.co.uk/images/9781743677582_2_Z.jpg

That looks like fun ... and a real conversation piece.

While out Christmas shopping with the missus earlier today, we passed The Works near Bakewell in Derbyshire. I saw this blues box guitar (I hadn't seen the photo in this thread). It had a £20 price tag so I thought this can't be the same one that Graham brought. I decided I'd buy it anyway and took it to the checkout,  the young lady scanned the bar code and a price of £30 flashed up. They honoured the price on the box, so I'm well pleased. I just need to learn how to play it now.

Thick as two short planks

great  bargain  well  done .