Topic: Problems accessing chordie.com

For the past couple of days I cannot access chordie directly. I have to take another path to get there. 
This is the message I get when I attempt to go onto chordie.com: An error encountered Error: Unable to select to MSQL and select database MSQL reported: Can't create a new thread (error 12); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS dependent bug.
Any ideas as to what is going on?

Re: Problems accessing chordie.com

That happens here on and off.Right now I hear they are doing some changes too the site.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi indybandman,

This is usually sorted if you clear your cookies. Please have a clear out smile and let us know if it was successful or not.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you. I will try that.

I did cleared out all the cookies, temporary files, etc, and did a restart, but it did not work.

I am sorry that did not work for you.

As has been pointed out there are some changes coming which means that the owner of the site (who runs Chordie as a hobby and not for profit) is very busy at this time, however I have dropped him a line pointing out your difficulty, but I am not sure how quickly he will be able to reply. I know you are able to access Chordie through a roundabout route, so please be patient and bear with us if you do not get an immediate answer.

If any of my more computer literate colleagues are able to offer any assistance please chip in.

Roger

Roger, thank you for your time to reply to my issues. I am okay with waiting. I appreciate all Chordie is doing and has done throughout the years. It is an awesome site! Take care and God Bless!

Yay! I don't know what happened, but I am back on Chordie! Thanks to anyone who fixed the problem. I am a happy camper.

9 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-01-16 15:42:54)

Ja, I too am having the devil of a time both signing on (timing out) and posting.

Bill

PS: I saw the answer about clearing cookies. That didn't work for me, sorry.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Sorry, there has been a bit of a hiccup and Chordie has been down for a while today. She should be fine now.

Roger