Topic: New Recording Setup

I needed more room for my equipment for video and recording a friend volunteered to assist after the equipment was in place it took a bit of time to re-rout the power chords and plug all the necessary cables and effects but I did manage to get it ready I have the green screen and lighting in place as well as a pa, the amps for the guitar are stereo which gives a nice spacial sound and a new wrinkle I purchased an Emerson blender for one of my strats ($75.00) it has a paper oil capacitor and full range on the tone knobs so I am wiring it in later.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/10400898_10208434526239469_9032149089381081748_n.jpg?oh=8ae4311099ad707f0ad4f1bef5187bfb&oe=573C5466

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: New Recording Setup

That's professional looking Russell,I would be lost in all that gear.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

That's professional looking Russell,I would be lost in all that gear.

It is a lot but I have a lot of fun blending in new sounds, I am always looking for an edge or new ideas and to be honest it takes money (good thing I have good credit with my bank) more to the point I don't own anything which is kind of like life all our possessions are only ours for a while.

I was looking at your equipment (its a great looking set-up) and got to wondering about your electric power demand, do you have dedicated circut panel box for that room?

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Great looking setup, Russell ... and knowing you, everything has a purpose and reason for being where it is. This must be a real motivator for your creative juices.

bluejeep wrote:

I was looking at your equipment (its a great looking set-up) and got to wondering about your electric power demand, do you have dedicated circut panel box for that room?

Good question! I took that into account when setting up. I divided the power usage between devices (stomp boxes) and amp heads evenly the right side is on one circuit and the left on another plus I have power strips with circuit breakers for added protection. I also wanted the setup to be user friendly smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

Great looking setup, Russell ... and knowing you, everything has a purpose and reason for being where it is. This must be a real motivator for your creative juices.

Thanks TF I work with my effects to create the sound I hear in my head and everything is saved, each time I jam some chord structure I use the Trio to add the basic feel I Dont just leave it on one setting once i record a pattern I listen to variations to find the most pleasing and then record that onto my loop machine and transfer that to the Gibson cable when it gets unloaded in my laptop into folders named "ideas in January" and so on these are reviewed later and the most promising are transferred to my Tascam DP 24 for developing further, that's how I roll lol yes it is work but a labor of love smile