Topic: Kimberly song (youtube)

Hey,
There is this original song from an artist on youtube, who stopped being active 2 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com//watch?v=mD2fmlf5aV8
For several weeks i've been trying to contact him to pay him for the tabs to play this song, to ask my girfriend (Kimberly) to marry me.
Unfortunately after a lot of trying to contact him, i've haven't gotten any reply.
Could anyone figure out how to play this?
This would mean the world for me (literally)
With kind regards,
a romantic (beginner) guitarist

Re: Kimberly song (youtube)

No one able to help me? hmm

jappermenu wrote:

No one able to help me? hmm

this will take time to explain capo 2nd fret then put 1st finger on 7th fret e string 2nd finger on 9th fret 3rd string and 3rd finger on 2nd string 9th fret then finger pick those three strings and count 123456&  then lower your 2nd finger a half fret keeping your other two fingers where they were and repeat the pattern 123456& then bar the G B E strings 7th fret and put your 3rd finger on the 2nd string 9th fret, next 1st finger 1st string 5th fret 2nd finger 3rd string 6th fret and 3rd finger 2nd string 7th fret then 1st finger 3rd string 4th fret 2nd finger 1st string 4th fret and 3rd finger 2nd string 5th fret it looks like a D chord keep your 2nd finger on the string and play the 5th string with your 3rd finger 5th fret then 1st finger 4th fret on the same string this resolves to a simple A shaped chord on the 4th fret. let  me know if you get this far good luck with it smile and finger pick it!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

so this is a quite advanced song? only playing guitar since 2 weeks, plan to ask her in a year and a half. do you think i will be able to play this adequately?

jappermenu wrote:

so this is a quite advanced song? only playing guitar since 2 weeks, plan to ask her in a year and a half. do you think i will be able to play this adequately?

In answer to your question yes it requires a working knowledge of finger picking, at the least on a basic level but you can work around this by using the chord forms and strumming it with downstrokes it will produce a similar effect and I would suggest a basic course in finger picking given you have a year and a half a lot can be accomplished with some dedication and practice. I purchased a book but I also can read music well enough to learn from the book. This is a tough challenge to be sure for a beginner my advise is get some help from someone who is near you that plays let him or her watch the video and teach it to you. smile

A thousand times thanks! at least i can try to play the song a little smile

Your very welcome and I wish you success in learning this song and your wedding proposal. smile

8 (edited by dino48 2016-01-21 16:03:37)

You could also learn My Girl by the Temptations, it is easey to play and you could replace girl with her name.My Kim The  song is here at chordie and you can listen too it on you tube.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I really liked that song, which is why I'm looking for it for 3 weeks. Thanks anyway dino

Good luck and hope you and your lady get married soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

well as soon as I can play this song quite well i'll propose smile probably in a year or so

12 (edited by dino48 2016-01-24 01:45:34)

For chords you might also try Riffstation beta.com

very good song)