Topic: Still in Crete

Still in Crete sorting out the house sale so far its cost  me nearly 6 thousand euro in fees and fines to make things legal before the sale can happen.Today ive just been told that I need to amend the contract we had with the previous owners as it does not show the correct area .apparantly  ten years ago this didnt matter but now the government has changed the law making the current owners responsible for previous mistakes This will now cost at least another 2 grand .the system is so unfair .Apparently I can sue the builder but I expect by the time this gets to court I'll be dead.

Re: Still in Crete

Sounds like you're in deep shtuke there buddy. Yes we'd all like to live in the sun but it makes you wonder if it's worth all the hassle and cash. Does this mean we will have the benefit of your company? Sorry you're having all this hassle. Turn it into a plus and make a song from it. Use plenty of expletives.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

We used to visit a couple of Brits on the island of Corfu several years ago. They were school teachers here in England and would save up enough money to go to Corfu and do more work on the house they were building.
The problem was, that every time they went back to do more work, the building regulations had changed. Making all the work they'd done previously obsolete.  After several years and I would think some considerable cost, they gave up and sold the land.

Thick as two short planks

That's a shame they keep changing  on you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Government red tape ... don't get me going! Sorry to hear you're being wrapped up in it, Graham. It's all so pointless.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Government red tape ... don't get me going! Sorry to hear you're being wrapped up in it, Graham. It's all so pointless.

seems like it's the same everywhere, it's just ridiculous - around and around it goes untill it finally gets back to where it all started.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Phill   we  will  be  moving  back  to  the  UK  in a  couple  of  weeks  permanently and  hopefully returning  to  supply  teaching  but  we  can always visit  our  friends  here  during  the  school  holidays. Despite   the  problems  with  red  tape  its  been a  hell  of  a trip .I've  done  things  here  I  dreamed  about  in the  Uk.

8 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-02-16 07:17:28)

Siga Siga slowly slowly in Greek, it is the inbuilt aceptance of official coruption will always make life difficult for those stationed in Greece. Back handers having to pay again to get things moving. My wife family are Greeek and I understand the frustrations that go with the lifestyle there and the lack of accountability on public servants. Still I loved my times back in the 80's  spent over in Greece Food, Song and Music. Opa Opa. Staying in my inlaws village gave me a fresh outlook on living.

Grah1 wrote:

Phill   we  will  be  moving  back  to  the  UK  in a  couple  of  weeks  permanently and  hopefully returning  to  supply  teaching  but  we  can always visit  our  friends  here  during  the  school  holidays. Despite   the  problems  with  red  tape  its  been a  hell  of  a trip .I've  done  things  here  I  dreamed  about  in the  Uk.

I have bought and sold 5 homes in the U.S. and it is always painfull.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Grah1 wrote:

I have bought and sold 5 homes in the U.S. and it is always painfull.

Back in the  uk  now   still  waiting  for  the  Greek notary's  strike to finish but  every  thing  is  in place now just  need  a  signature .This  may  happen at  the  end  of  the  month  or  early  next  month ,I'm just a  patient  guy ,hey  there's  a  line  for  a  song !!!

Wishing you all the best as you turn pages between chapters.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude