1 (edited by beamer 2016-02-14 23:01:24)

Topic: I gotta share with my Chordie family

Greetings everyone! 
Sunday night (1-31) for the first time in 30 YEARS, I can say the following statement.  “I WENT TO BAND PRATICE LAST NIGHT!”  Its been so long since I could say that  I had to share it.  I joined Jerome and Alan in the basement at Alan’s.  Unlike the first time we al met, where we [played around and BS’ed.  This was different.  The night was fun, nerve wracking and educational.  Jerome and Alan really are great. They are patient and encouraging. They pushed me.  I had to sing my song in a mic so I could hear myself, +keep time with Alan on drums and Jerome on bass.  Then they made me play lead.  I have never done that before! (Thank god for Am pentatonic!)  It was not all good, but some of it was.It started out as a moderate groove , And then Jerome pushed us into fast punk (he was on drums at that point and we gust got downright fast and silly!  I just bought a Joe Satriani book.  Has some great scales in it. I got 2 weeks due to super bowl, two weeks to learn Jeromes song (not my usual timing or style) but I have a phone recording of it to practice.    I would post a link to the Jam session but my puter is in the shop.  When I get it up Ill post to the my bands heading.
CHEERS !

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: I gotta share with my Chordie family

Looking forward too see the jam session!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Its audio and phone, but it was fun.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Great

Good for you, and good for Jerome and Alan to beat you with a big stick and make you work lol

We all need a bit of a push now and again.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I would like to hear the jam myself looking forward to the link smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Good for you, and good for Jerome and Alan to beat you with a big stick and make you work lol

We all need a bit of a push now and again.

Roger

Ain't that the truth! smile

Looking forward to hearing the session.

Now thats a session I'm looking forward to hearing!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Ditto. I haven't played with a band for a lot longer than that and would love to get back to basics....and make some LOUD NOISE

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

smile  Scott at band practice, I imagine is like a kid in a candy store.  wink  Good for you guys!  Looking forward to the link!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

What did we learn?

* Playing drums makes Jerome sore.
* We all need some of this:

http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-animated-clip-art-picture-of-metronome-x-bpm-13.gif

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Jerome is correct! but I think I have come a long way in 2 weeks. I actually am doing my best to use a beat to practice.   I want a old school reel to reel to run a tape non stop for 3 hours, cause some of the funnest stuff is the BS between the actual practice.

We also learned : For all the Americana jerome loves, He has a PUNK strain that keeps jumping out! LOL

Picking up laptop tomorrow  150 to fix!  I am really worried to see what the DATA RECOVERY of my external  is going to cost me.  4 yrs of stuff on that thing!  At least i have a copy of my writing on my work puter.  Dont know why I did that, but darn glad I did.  how ever most of my Audacity files are all on that hard drive!

Lesson :  BACK UP YOUR BACK UPS !  *&%$%&*%^*!!!!

Amy, you are correct. You know that smile I had at Chordiefest when I met you? well it was on like crazy, though hidden  behind the nerves.  NOw I actually have something to justify the $$ I have spent over the years and a new excuse to buy more!

PHILL, yep LOUD NOISE but da*n the night was great. Looking forward for many more to come.

The last band I was in changed practice venue and night and told everyone but me. But wait, you're thinking, wasn't that a Christian band? Yes. Yes it was.  LOL. I guess some people are more fun than others. You they mentor. Me they dodge. 

I'm glad y'all are having a good time.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

What  the heck happened to the rest of my original post??? only the first sentence???

I have reported this bug Scott.
Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger

And I posted it on the MY LOCAL BAND AND ME page.

Hey Scott... I merged your New thread in Chat Corner into this one - to prevent having rogue threads lying around.  I see that it didn't keep your topic intact though, so your post now doesn't make tons of sense.  sad  SORRY!

What Scott was saying is that he POSTED a link to the SOUND file for the JAM session over in MY LOCAL BAND AND ME!
Go have a listen.  cool Go, go, go! cool

As Amy requested, I have just copied it all to here also.

Here is a link to Jerome Alan and myself.  As I said its not all great, my first time ever at playing lead. (i come in about the time the drums do) You can hear 2 very different sounding guitars though. I am playing a Gibson SG with 1 bridge humbucker, Alan is on an Epi Les Paul and J is on Drums (This is the one that made him hurt LOLOL) CAUTION it gets crazy towards the end and there are some F bombs and personal opinions of the singer being stated.   By no means am I going to have a political debate or entertain thoughts as such.  LISTEN  realize it turns to PUNK and just laugh with us. ENJOY
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/500 … %20Jam.mp3

Amy, the fuzzy is due to its recorded with my phone. that little mic couldn't really take all the sound. I did try to clean it up in Audacity.  Yes head phones are best  or at least some bigger speakers through a stereo or monitor speakers.  And thank you, yes there were a coupple bright spots. almost a Neil Young bright spot LOL  smile

PHONE?  You know that you need to bring a proper recording device with you next time right?  big_smile  Do you have a little portable recorder?  If not, then you should put that on your wish list.  I don't use mine as often as I should, but when I do actually record stuff with it - it makes me play better.  Not because it's running mind you, but because I can then listen to the recording and hear what others are hearing and FIX at least some of the terrible mistakes I make.

Jerome has one. we were talking about that today.  going to use my studio mic and hang it from the middle of the ceiling, and use the built in mics from the other side of the wall and see how that works.  Ill be getting my mixer to good use also.