1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-01-26 05:13:48)

Topic: Boss OC-3 Octave box

I just added this to my pedal effects a Boss OC-3 Octave pedal. the newer songs I am composing need a heavy sound on the bottom mixed with distortion and this fills the bill and it was on sale so i pulled the trigger it should arrive later this week just in time for me to add the lead guitar effects to my new song. smile
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/OC3

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Boss OC-3 Octave box

Very cool, Russell ... congrats! My Boss ME-80 board has this effect built in (-1, -2, and +1) and it gives the guitar a sound like a twelve-string on steroids and in a bad mood. If anyone knows how to make good use of something like this, it'll be our Alien Moderator.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Very cool, Russell ... congrats! My Boss ME-80 board has this effect built in (-1, -2, and +1) and it gives the guitar a sound like a twelve-string on steroids and in a bad mood. If anyone knows how to make good use of something like this, it'll be our Alien Moderator.

Thanks TF I do have a ME-50 there is an octave effect but it will not play both the octave and the original note together and I was looking for something just like this "a twelve string on steroids in a bad mood" lol

Aaaaaah ... that's a problem. The ME-80 has an Octave effect button (Comp/FX1 bank) as well as the pedal effect ... so it plays both the original note and the higher or lower note along with it. I love the -1 setting ... lots 'n' lots of grunt.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Aaaaaah ... that's a problem. The ME-80 has an Octave effect button (Comp/FX1 bank) as well as the pedal effect ... so it plays both the original note and the higher or lower note along with it. I love the -1 setting ... lots 'n' lots of grunt.

Me like grunt lol this sounds like a perfect name for my new song "Grunt" smile

I added a new Bugera 12" speaker and cabinet to my Marshall AVT 20 amp got a good deal on it at $159.00
http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/112TS-large.jpg

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-02-04 21:57:40)

Great setup at a very nice price ... get yer grunt on, man! lol

I'm eye-balling a couple of smaller tube amps right now, so I can get one that's more portable. My Peavey weighs nigh on 80 lbs, and although I love the sound / power, it's brutal to move around. The front runners are a Bugera V22 Infinium, an Ibanez TSA15, a Marshall DSL15C, and a Traynor YCV20. I was quite impressed with how the Bugera sounds (it's also the least expensive) despite some of the bad reviews they get.