Topic: Greetings

Just got home to find that chordie is back online.

Very clean and spacious looking. Thanks to all that have worked on the new look. Gonna poke around a bit now. smile

Re: Greetings

Me to. I tried a few times today but this is the first time I was able to log into our new home. I only just learned how to use the old version, so I'm going to have a look around.

Thick as two short planks

Nice to see you have found your way here!

Change is never easy but I have been playing here for a little while and have grow quite fond of her. smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I see that my songbook isn't here anymore.

Is this part of the changeover that hasn't been completed yet or will I need to make a new one?

I also see there is no edit function for a post.

I'll need to read closely before I hit the reply button. smile

OK. I found my songbook.

Something else I noticed. There doesn't appear to be any way to quote someones post.

I can not find my songbooks but I am real impressed at the change,looks good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Found my songbooks.I really like the new look.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Very nice.
I like the new layout.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Looking good, Per, Roger, etc. Very nice updates!

UncleJoesBand wrote:

Something else I noticed. There doesn't appear to be any way to quote someones post.

Yup, there's a few functions missing from the forums, however they are being worked on!  smile  There's a thread over in the "About Chordie" section for reporting any bugs you find.  In the mean time, you can always use the good ole bbcode for quoting someone.  You'll have to copy their text and type the quote tags manually like this (as seen below, type the word quote within brackets and the /quote within brackets at the end of the copied and pasted text -you can include the username or not with an equal sign):

[quote]Mekidsmom is a little bit of a geek :) [/quote]
or
[quote=mekidsmom]I am a glutton for punishment, as I told everyone I am a bit of a geek and provided them with the code to quote me on it.  Oh boy... [/quote]

Will look like this:

Mekidsmom is a little bit of a geek smile

or

mekidsmom wrote:

I am a glutton for punishment, as I told everyone I am a bit of a geek and provided them with the code to quote me on it.  Oh boy...

Go ahead... quote away!  There are other tags available as well.  The "code" tag was used in the above example allowing you to see my "quote" tags.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I love the new look.

Mekidsmom is a little bit of a geek smile

Oooooo look............... it works lol

B.T.W. I am actually very fond of geeks as I am a bit of one myself big_smile

Roger

When I tried to revisit chordie last night I was told I was banned for unsolisited advertising. I reported the fault and alls well now. Anyone else had any probs?

Thick as two short planks

A little glitch. I think that everyone was banned at one stage big_smile

Roger

When I tried to revisit chordie last night I was told I was banned for unsolisited advertising. I reported the fault and alls well now. Anyone else had any probs?

Yep. Apparently there were hundreds of people banned in one quick click of the mouse; myself included. smile

First time I've ever been banned from a forum.

Yeah, A whole lotta folks was banned. The message I got said i WAS banned for "UNSOLITATED ADVERTISMENT"!! DS. Wonder what the DS meant. Ya'll reckon it was for "Darn Shame"?

Nela

18 (edited by Jandle 2016-02-07 05:54:52)

Hi everyone, 
Just back from a lovely long holiday, now ready to get back into song writing (or attempted song writing) and making some music. 
Have been trying to catch up on some of the new stuff Chordians have been writing, or performing on Sound Cloud..... some great stuff out there and wow, heaps to catch up on.
Really like the look of this new setup for Chordie .... well done to those who were involved, great job, gets a big thumbs up from me smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Sooooo... the QUOTE function is back now!  smile  And the links to show you which BBCodes are available have been put back in as well.  cool

Despite a few bumps in the road - It seems MOST people are liking the changes!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.