Topic: ChordPro

Wheres the link to view the ChordPro text gone in the new Beta ?

That was one of the main reason I used Chordie...

Re: ChordPro

The bugs are still being worked out of the system.

Patience Grasshopper. smile

Hey rayco37!  How are you liking the new layout so far?

You should now be able to see alternate views for songs.  On a computer, open the song desired, on the top right you should see icons above the chord charts.  Click on the one that looks like an eye, and choose "Chordpro".  smile  On a mobile device, these options should be found below the song.  Let us know if you're having any issues finding/viewing/etc along with a link to the page in question.  As UJB has said... this is all new, and there may be a few bugs!  Please help us find them if you see any so we can report them to the admin and make sure the new Chordie is BETTER than before!!!  Thanks!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Does seem like this update is not ready for release, most things I use not working on desktop or iPad.

Can we access old site until it;s ready?

that's what I'd like to know as well
is there a way to get back to old site ?

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

https://s15-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fiamcalledtobe.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F06%2Fpatience-yoda.jpg&sp=39c50048cf53194d1b0026ffdddfe605

There is not a way to view the old version of the site.  We've actually been beta testing this site for over a month, and the old site was taken offline and the databases were moved over into this layout on an entirely different server. 

rayco37 and TIGLJK - A LOT of updates were made today.  Many of these things simply were not able to be found until the site was live.  As you find bugs and issues, please do report them.  The site admin has been working nearly day and night making tweaks here and there.  It's currently about midnight his time, and he's still working on this as I type.  We welcome your feedback on any issues you're finding.  Should you prefer, you're welcome to send me an email if that makes anything easier!  smile

rayco37 - I see you were having issues getting the chordpro view in this song:  http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.r … gon-wheel#

I can't see the chordpro for it either.  I'll make sure the admin sees this so we can figure out what the issue is with this particular song.  THANK YOU!  You can post any other issues right in this thread if you like.  smile

Thanks, I see some of them are coming up now. Will try the iPad in a minute.

I usually have Chordie in a 'pinned' tab in browser.  Have noticed that a lot of links take me to a new Tab instead of just going to the page in the current open Tab, not sure why.

rayco37 wrote:

Thanks, I see some of them are coming up now. Will try the iPad in a minute.

I usually have Chordie in a 'pinned' tab in browser.  Have noticed that a lot of links take me to a new Tab instead of just going to the page in the current open Tab, not sure why.

Admin may have changed some of the links to open in a new tab - BUT there are browser settings that you can change as well, so it could be a setting in your browser.  What browser are you using?  smile

11 (edited by rayco37 2016-02-07 19:29:42)

Use Firefox for Chordie, same settings as I have always had, but now some windows open in a new tab.

The 'Home'  'Songs'  'Artists'  'Public books' etc buttons all work normally, usually when you click to got to a song.

rayco37 wrote:

Use Firefox for Chordie, same settings as I have always had, but now some windows open in a new tab.

The 'Home'  'Songs'  'Artists'  'Public books' etc buttons all work normally, usually when you click to got to a song.

The only thing I'm seeing that opens up a new tab is when I click a link that takes me outside of Chordie.  For example, when inside a song, clicking on the Jango player will open it in a new tab.  This is intentional, so you don't lose your place on Chordie.  However, I'm pretty sure every link that brings you to another page within Chordie.com SHOULD open in the same tab. 

While you're moving around on the site, if you find a link that opens up a new tab and you think it shouldn't, can you please copy the URL page that you were at, as well as the URL page that opened up and paste them into a reply on the forum?  That way, we can track down any rogue links opening up new tabs and get it fixed.  smile 

You may just want to double check your settings though in Firefox, to be sure it's not your browser settings.  This page should help: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/st … d-settings

all the songs in my songbook are fine - all the words - all the chords - Chord pro format

none of the songs I had on the songwriter forum that were in chordpro format are there intact - only a few lines and then they are cut off and not in the chordie pro format

I know you guys are working hard to resolve bugs, but I just want to know if you can tell me if there is going to be a recovery of the songs in songwriting or not.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

all the songs in my songbook are fine - all the words - all the chords - Chord pro format

none of the songs I had on the songwriter forum that were in chordpro format are there intact - only a few lines and then they are cut off and not in the chordie pro format

I know you guys are working hard to resolve bugs, but I just want to know if you can tell me if there is going to be a recovery of the songs in songwriting or not.

Hey Jim!  I thought I answered this in another thread, but yes, to the best of my knowledge, this IS on the list!  smile

Amy

Thanks.

I was confused - there are too many threads all over on this.......  I just have to take a chill pill for a while til all is settled.

Jim