Re: Bug Reporting

I always hit the recent posts button which has become "Active Posts" in the new layout.  I don't know if anyone else can see it but I have a blue line running across the screen at the 4th thread. It says "sticky" right in the middle.

If someone could educate me on how to take a screen shot I will post it.

Hi Folks,  I'm hoping someone can answer some questions for me.  I was using the Songbook Pro app on my iPad and importing various songs into the app.  But since the changes to the site I am not able to import the songs formatted as they were in the past.  Instead I am getting just text with chords interlaced in the text but not formatted.  Or, in other cases I am just getting guitar tabs, or dotted lines, even though the song appears fine on the chordie site. 

I'm relatively naive and new about these things so maybe I am missing something obvious.  Thanks!

Someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly to help you get it sorted out. welcome to the forums Flash.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Flash Drive wrote:

Hi Folks,  I'm hoping someone can answer some questions for me.  I was using the Songbook Pro app on my iPad and importing various songs into the app.  But since the changes to the site I am not able to import the songs formatted as they were in the past.  Instead I am getting just text with chords interlaced in the text but not formatted.  Or, in other cases I am just getting guitar tabs, or dotted lines, even though the song appears fine on the chordie site. 

I'm relatively naive and new about these things so maybe I am missing something obvious.  Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the app on iOS, but my guess is that it's not reading the Chordpro formatting.  Can you try changing the song's VIEW (click the eye then choose chordpro) before import if that's an option?  If not, this is good information to know and may be a bug.  In the meantime, there are other ways around it (like viewing the chordpro version and copying the text then pasting it into a new song file inside Songbook Pro).  Let us know how this works out for you using the different view please!  smile 

Here's a picture for reference, the little eye image would be on the right hand side of the screen in standard desktop view, but may be in a different location on a mobile device or using the Songbook App.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1541/25203934883_291e7f110a.jpg

Uncle Joe's Band wrote:

I always hit the recent posts button which has become "Active Posts" in the new layout.  I don't know if anyone else can see it but I have a blue line running across the screen at the 4th thread. It says "sticky" right in the middle.

If someone could educate me on how to take a screen shot I will post it.

I have seen this as well.  I'll make sure it's noted!  Thanks Joe!!!  smile 

TF wrote:

Someone else mentioned about some of the poetry being chopped short, so I had a look through some that I'd posted. Sure enough, most of them are cropped to only a few lines. Are they gone beyond recovery? If so, they can be re-posted at the original place.

Restoring truncated posts is on the to-do list!  smile However, if you'd like to edit a post you've made in the past, or simply post a reply on your thread with the full poem, you are absolutely welcome to do so!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks, MKM ... I know you guys are likely swamped, but just wanted to mention it. I think we all appreciate the heroic efforts being made, to make Chordie the best / even-better guitar website there is.

Thanks for the response MKM.  I can tell you that I had already tried copying and pasting from Chordie into the Songbook Pro app and it pasted the text with chords within the text and not formatted.  Thanks for the tip on the view feature.  I tried importing in all views and came up with the same issue - a song that had lyrics, chords, and guitar tab only showed the guitar tab (fingering chart) at the beginning of the song. 

I have sent an inquiry to linksoft to ask about this issue.   If I get a helpful answer I'll relay it here.  Cheers.

unclejoesband wrote:

...a blue line running across the screen at the 4th thread. It says "sticky" right in the middle.

And it's now gone.  http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_0500.gif

When logging in to Chordie this morning, after clicking on "log in" this is the message that came up:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/chordie/forum/cache/cache_bans.php on line 18778

I hit the back arrow and was then in my account?!   Prior to this initial sign on, I had cleared my cache (I use Google Chrome and I've never had a problem before on this website).  I then logged out of Chordie; tried to log in again and received the same message!  Not sure if this is happening to anyone else.   

Separate query:    Also (although I suspect this is not the correct forum thread to ask this question) I am wondering why the "login" option is not on the home page?  I am only able to see "login" when I click under the following tabs "My songbook"; "Resources" or "Forum"

Thanks for your help! smile

34 (edited by thwapper 2016-02-11 16:28:59)

thwapper wrote:

When I sign in to Chordie I can see my songbooks and am still logged in to my account.  However, if I look up a song or an artist - it boots me out of my account and says I have to log in to add a song (even though I haven't logged out of my account).
I can then click on forum, say for example, and I am once again under my account, logged in, like nothing had happened.   IE, I cannot add to my existing songbooks right now.  It goes to beta mode.... is this the way it is for the time being or is something wrong?  I hope this makes sense to someone........   I'm so confused.... :-(

Must not be my day in Chordie sad   I am having the same issue again, right now, as I reported above a few days ago.  Only difference is, it originally went to Beta mode..... now it does not.

Thanks.

Found another little bug and it wasn't there yesterday.

I'm logged into the forum. I hit the "Public Songbooks" button and it took me right where I was supposed to be. I clicked on a song which came up just fine. But what I noticed was the option to "login/register" in the upper right corner of the page. I hit that and it took me back to the forum. ???

So I tried "My Songbook" and I got the same message. So I tried to login and I was sent back to the forum again. It has turned into a vicious circle. I can't seem to get into any books without logging in but when I try to login I end up back in the forum; where I am logged in. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6656.gif

Thanks Joe and twapper. I have passed this on to Per

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

It should now be OK

Roger

38 (edited by unclejoesband 2016-02-11 17:06:31)

Roger Guppy wrote:

It should now be OK

Roger

Yep!

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6943.gif

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_2593.gif

39 (edited by unclejoesband 2016-02-11 18:41:22)

I'm home all day today and poking around. I found feature I never noticed.

I went to the Home page then clicked on a "top 20". Clicked on  "Brown Eyed Girl" and discovered there is a Jango link so you can listen to the song. I hit it, Jango opened, but played Monty Python's "Bright Side Of Life".

I don't know if it's a problem with chordie,  Jango or me.

Just wanted to make someone aware of it.

-------------------------------

Just tried another. Clicked on Ramblin and Jango played Midnight Rider.

Flash Drive wrote:

Thanks for the response MKM.  I can tell you that I had already tried copying and pasting from Chordie into the Songbook Pro app and it pasted the text with chords within the text and not formatted.  Thanks for the tip on the view feature.  I tried importing in all views and came up with the same issue - a song that had lyrics, chords, and guitar tab only showed the guitar tab (fingering chart) at the beginning of the song. 
I have sent an inquiry to linksoft to ask about this issue.   If I get a helpful answer I'll relay it here.  Cheers.

I'm going to try downloading that on my iPhone and see if I can figure anything out as well.  smile  If not... then I'll see if the Admin has any ideas!  smile

UncleJoesBand wrote:

I'm home all day today and poking around. I found feature I never noticed.
I went to the Home page then clicked on a "top 20". Clicked on  "Brown Eyed Girl" and discovered there is a Jango link so you can listen to the song. I hit it, Jango opened, but played Monty Python's "Bright Side Of Life".
I don't know if it's a problem with chordie,  Jango or me.
Just wanted to make someone aware of it.

I did the same, and saw a message on Jango's site, "We couldn't find BROWN EYED GIRL Van Morrison  ,
but you can choose from 800+ Genre Stations, search for 1 Million+ artists, or browse music"  -- yet a search shows that it is on there.  I think it's the "  ," it couldn't read. I tried with a bunch others and didn't have a lot of luck.  Seems the correct info isn't getting input into Jango's search.  sad  Thanks for bringing it up, Joe!  It did seem to work properly the other day.  I'll report that. 

YAY for log in bugs being resolved!  Whooo hooo!  smile

Separate query:    Also (although I suspect this is not the correct forum thread to ask this question) I am wondering why the "login" option is not on the home page?  I am only able to see "login" when I click under the following tabs "My songbook"; "Resources" or "Forum"

At the moment, it's only on those pages. The suggestion to place it on a few other pages as well has come up.  I'm not sure what the plans are though.

Since the change I can no longer transfer songs from Chordie to OnSong.  I get the title of song and artist but that is it.  No lyrics or chords. Is there a secret I missed?
Thanks,
Mark

Still pokin around. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_4331.gif

Went in to refresh my memory on CCR's Who'll Stop the Rain.

I noticed that verse 2 and 3 were switched. I tried to make a comment about it and got this message:

Security violation. Mail admin@chordie.com, and report you got ERROR 998 (67e8aad1d0)

I don't know if it's a bug or if I just don't have the permissions to make comments.

Thanks Joe - I just checked and get the same error.  I'll get that one reported too!  smile 

rhino two - It looks like folks are having issues getting songs to download with the full chordpro fromatting, and I'll presume that's what your program uses as well.  I've reported this and we'll update when we get some answers about this.  Thank you for reporting it!!  smile

Flashdrive - I wasn't able to download the app for my iPhone, as it's a pay app, and I don't really want to pay for it.  LOL!  I've used the free version on the computer in the past though, so I have a clue how it works.  Regardless, it looks like - from what Rhino Two has said - this is probably not just an app issue, but rather a download formatting issue.  So we'll get this reported!  smile

44 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-02-12 12:51:02)

Have also been having LOGIN issues for the past few days. It comes up with a message, something to the effect:

"You appear to have logged in successfully, however a cookie has not been set. Please check your settings and retry."

I can't quote it exactly, and can't "copy & paste", or I wouldn't be able to post. smile I use Google Chrome, and have my settings to allow cookies from Chordie. Is it a bug with Chordie, or am I doing something wrong in my settings?

sucks happen to me too

TIGLJK wrote:

OMG !!

I just checked and my fear came true - it did it to ALL my songs that I had posted !  sad sad

DId it do so to everyone elses ?

Hopefully it can be remedied.

46 (edited by bluejeep 2016-02-12 17:07:14)

Yaahooo - the time stamp is back!  Just goes to prove - you don't know what you got, till its gone. Every time I clear my cookies and history something good happens.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hi All
Firstly thanks to all who gave their time in making the new site.
A couple of things, the font button doesn't work for me and all the songs (apart from my songbooks) are in chordpro format, anyone else found this?
Thanks

48 (edited by unclejoesband 2016-02-17 02:35:44)

unclejoesband wrote:
unclejoesband wrote:

...a blue line running across the screen at the 4th thread. It says "sticky" right in the middle.

And it's now gone.  http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_0500.gif

And now it's back, only this time it's on the third topic thread.

Also, I mentioned it in another thread but since I just tried again......

I tried to comment on Who'll Stop The Rain and point out that the 2nd and 3rd verses were reversed. This is the error message I received;

Security violation. Mail admin@chordie.com, and report you got ERROR 998 (b1a517c547)

This evening I tried to select a variation of a chord in one of my selected songs but was unable to do so. I could view variations of the chords but could'nt change them. I tried it on several songs with the same result.  Am I missing something or can this no longer be done?

It works fine for me Tom. Try clearing your cookies then, when you log into Chordie, hold down the 'shift' button and press the 'refresh' icon a couple of times.

Please let me know the result.

Roger

**Edit to add: Sorry I misread your question but I cannot remember being able to add the chord variation that way. The only way I have ever done it was to programme the actual chord at the start of the song.**