Topic: No 'search' within Public Books?

Hi. I no longer see a search function within Public Books. I used to use that as a way to narrow down the many books that are filled with the same old stuff. Please bring that back (or, if I'm  just missing it, let me know where to find it). Thanks!

Re: No 'search' within Public Books?

harrahy wrote:

Hi. I no longer see a search function within Public Books. I used to use that as a way to narrow down the many books that are filled with the same old stuff. Please bring that back (or, if I'm  just missing it, let me know where to find it). Thanks!

Hello harrahy, the search function is there,  click on songs, at the end of the alpabet are two icons, click on the search icon to the right of the hashtag symbol. Good to see you on the forums.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Thanks, bluejeep, but I used to be able to search within the Public Books section (for Todd Snider, for instance) and it would produce people's books that had Todd Snider songs in them. That's what I'm missing. I like to browse people's books that I know contain some cool songs, not just the run-of-the-mill stuff that's in most of the books.

Hi harrahy,

You can sort the books in alphabetical order to find a particular book. A search by book title or the compiler's name is not so easy to do, but it is on the list to be looked at. I suspect a search for a particular song or artiste will also be problematical  but I will suggest that it is added to the list.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi! Only just getting around to checking out the new site. Must say that I like the direction that it's headed and do realize that it's a work-in-progress. This search feature was actually the first thing I headed to (other than trying to find the Login). I like to advocate on behalf of Chordie, and will often tell people that they can go to the site and search for my username in order to find my songbooks. Doesn't seem to work anymore...