Re: Your Weather

UJB, you need a snowblower man, shoveling that much snow is a heart-attack inducing, back busting job.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bluejeep wrote:

UJB, you need a snowblower man, shoveling that much snow is a heart-attack inducing, back busting job.

Actually I have 2. One is a paddle type and the other has the auger. I knew the paddle didn't stand a chance against that much snow so I fired up the big boy. With the snow being almost twice as high as the opening, I was just carving a tunnel and the snow was falling right back on the walk so I just shoveled it out.

Once I broke through to the driveway I emlpoyed the really heavy artillery.

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1577/23984707153_5b4176700c_z.jpgP1020056 by unclejoesband, on Flickr[/img]

That looks like a lot of work and real cold. Glad too see you have a plow.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Actually I have 2 of those as well. The dump truck on the right is harder to maneuver in tight spots so I only use that on large, wide open parking lots.

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1485/23990459873_1584fb4a11_z.jpgP1010569 by unclejoesband, on Flickr[/img]

You have some nice equipment there UJB. In my younger years I drove snow-plow for the county, I enjoyed driving but after a while it just wore me out.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

It was nice while it lasted.

We've had almost 2 weeks of above average winter weather. The snowpack was down to about 6". So of course it decided to snow again. We're looking at 3"-5" by tonight. Much better than the 30" we had from the last storm, but the rodent said we were getting an early spring so I was hoping he was right.

Once the snow is over the temp's are going to plummet. High's in the 20'sF and lows in the single digits by this weekend. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_2646.gif

Hopefully you won't get hit as bad the last snow ujb. So far only dusting of snow has fallen in my area. I hope the little rodent was right too.

233 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-02-10 10:50:49)

We had +40 cms (16") dumped on us in 18 hours, between Monday 6:00pm and yesterday noon. It was delivered by high winds, which made driving impossible due to no visibility and lots of drifting. It's nothing like the crazy volumes we saw last winter, so none of us Canucks are complaining ... not very much, anyway. smile

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBdE-0gKCQAAwxCK.jpg

Brrrrrrrrr....

Joe - your snow didn't MELT down there?  We had beautiful green grass and the kids were bouncing on the trampoline the other day.  We've got snow again though today.  sad 

TF - I hear ya!  I'm trying NOT to complain, because it's nothing like the last few years.  It's really been a very mild winter!  All the same, I wish it wouldn't snow on the days I HAVE to be on the road.  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Temperature swing!!!

It's -15C here right now (+7F) and supposed to swing to +10C (+50F) by this time tomorrow. Nova Scotia juts into the Atlantic where the Gulf Stream passes just offshore from us, and when the wind direction changes, wild temp swings occur. The vinyl siding will be popping and clicking as it expands, but it'll give a chance to get the driveway down to bare pavement again.

mekidsmom wrote:

Brrrrrrrrr....

Joe - your snow didn't MELT down there?

Sorry Amy, I missed this.

Nope. Still have about an 8" snowpack left over from that 30" dump a couple weeks ago, but I believe that will be changing in a couple days.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Temperature swing!!!

It's -15C here right now (+7F) and supposed to swing to +10C (+50F) by this time tomorrow.... it'll give a chance to get the driveway down to bare pavement again.

We have that same swing coming but not before we get a couple inches of new snow followed by a layer of ice. I hate ice!

I plowed and salted the driveway so it was clear a few days after we got clobbered.

koo koo crazy weather!  I shouldn't complain, considering how cold it was last year.  However, we had a few days of warmth where nearly all the snow was melted.  Then all of a sudden the temperature plummeted to below zero (like -20ish F and even lower in some nearby areas -- that's around -30 C).  A few days of frigid temps where the furnace was having a hard time keeping the old house warm, and then the temps went up.  Last night we got a good 8 inches of snow WITH rain.  My driveway is 100% slush right now, and a LOT of it. Guess I'll go see how the new car handles it.  There's no way I'm shoveling that junk!  LOL!

The day we got the big snow dump there last week, I shoveled the driveway.  I have a step tracker/watch/etc.  It logged me as having covered 2 MILES over 2 HOURS

JUST. SHOVELING. SNOW. IN. MY. DRIVEWAY. 

2 miles people!  My driveway is not THAT long, but apparently if you walk it to cover every single square inch, it is. And I must say, I did pretty well considering I covered that area in 2 hours while shoveling!  ha ha!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

This is curl up under blanket and whimper weather right now.  Cold.  Wet.  Gross.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

got up to 72 degrees this afternoon. Low tonite to be 42, high's tomorrow to be in the low 70's, again, with light winds. I'ma gonna go'a phishing!!!!!

nela

Pretty Nice here

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/t31.0-8/12698512_10153478977338525_3805864971421259727_o.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

We have had nearly 24 hours of rain, so far, and more is scheduled for the rest of the week. Per my rain gauge, here at my wife's house, we have gotten almost 6", overnight. Before this storm is over they are predicting us to get another 8 to 10 inches of rain. Flash flood warnings are in affect and our schools are closed.

nela

Beginning this past Monday, Our weather looks a lot like the post above made by topdown.  Our weather guru's are saying we can expect this through the middle of the month. It was sunny and 77F today and we may see 80F tomorrow. smile

As of 10:15pm tonight we have received another 10.81" of rain bringing the 2 day total to 16.42". Guess what? It's still raining! We may end up getting another 6 to 8" of rain overnight. The amount of rain we are getting is unheard of and they are predicting the rain to continue through the weekend. So far me and mine are high and dry but a lot of people have been flooded. Roads are closed as well as schools and business'.

nela

WOW Nela! You want to borrow my canoe?

As of 7:00am we have received just over 20 inches of rain. The weather service is is saying there is 6 to 12 inches of rain expected before it stops.

nela

nela

Sorry for your troubles.
Stay safe

Guess the song should be The Soggy Bayou Blues!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

NELA wrote:

As of 7:00am we have received just over 20 inches of rain. The weather service is is saying there is 6 to 12 inches of rain expected before it stops.

nela

That's a heap o' rain, NELA ... that is, if rain could be heaped. Hope you, yours, and your property stays safe.

Depending on which weather station you are listening to we have had between 19 1/2 and 20 1/2 inches of rain in the last 44 hours. And it's still raining with more predicted thru Sunday. We did get a little break today and everyone has their fingers crossed that the next weather system will not be as bad. BUT, it sure ain't purty around here. In our immediate area there is somewhere around 3000 families that have had to evacuate their homes. Many more with water damage to homes, vechiles and other items. Overnight the river and our local lakes rose 6+ feet, which is unheard, and this has many families stranded. The water came up so fast that there was no way to prepare for it. I expect it to take several more day's before we know the full extent of all that has happened. The only problems I've had, knock on wood, is we have a small roof leak in one of our bedrooms. This is caused by a rubber boot around a roof vent,. Have to wait to fix it after the rain stops but it is under control, for now. Our other issue is with our 60" screen tv. The picture is distorted and the color is way off. This one will cost us some money as we will, most likely, have to buy a new one. I know my issues are nothing compared to what other folks are going thru. I'm keeping them in my prayers and will extend all the help I can towards their needs.

Nela

Good luck to you and your neighbors NELA.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Prayers for those in Louisiana, Texas and throughout the south that have been devastated by the floods.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs