Topic: HAPPY

AS of now no music so this is just Lyrics. AND it is edited so as not to break the nicety rules. but its a punk song .  I watched the Documentary   End of the Century about THE RAMONES , a very heavy influence on me along with Kiss, and the normal classics and the folk and singer songwriters. They made a statement about what someone said and it prompted this song. I guess you could say its in Homage to them.

Special note to Topdowns bestie, Natlie, who actually gave me a helping hand over the hump of one part of the lyric.

Happy
Saturday, March 12, 2016
Scott Sailer / AKA Beamer

Be happy where you are

You know you will never Go far

Be happy you have a car

Just keep playing that same old bar

Be happy where you are

Be happy where you are

Quit trying to be like the others!

You should listen to your mothers

Be yourself and #%*! them others!

We will hit you in the face

Like a band of brothers

We aint here to be your lover

Don’t wanna play Lame a$$ covers,

Quit trying to be like the others!

You should listen to your mothers

Be yourself and #%*! them others!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: HAPPY

Like it Scott. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Good work, Beamer! There almost seems to be an anger behind the happy, but I guess knowing it's a punk style of song, that's to be expected. Could be a couple of growling dive bombs or pick-edge slides in where the expletives are?

I played the basic idea for Jerome and Alan,  They loved the lyrics and we now have a rough formation of a structure.  It is a great feeling when you put something out and its like "Dude this is great! lets get it going!"  Not posting sound bite or moving it to songs it till its done. Its very punk in homage to THE RAMONES, But It also has a Nine Inch Nails twist in it.  Just wanted to share. how ever  its basics are in D#5/E    B5/C  whole step walk up from B back to  D#5/E

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

This has come together pretty good, ill be posting in songs as soon as I get the chordpro  notation into it.