Topic: Guitar first for me.

Look what I had chance to have a little play with this afternoon:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1514/26093973535_73f335d71f_b.jpg

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Guitar first for me.

Cool.

I had the chance to play a Ric bass at a pawn shop one time and OMG.  It nearly played itself.  If I could think it, it came out my fingers.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Roger I am turning green with envy,thats a beauty

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

nice one rog, i had a go at two in swansea last year, the black and white (lennon) and same as you've got there, which is the one i preferred, but it had probs with the jack switch which crackled. i told them about it but i lost interest so i didn't go back. i almost bought a violin bass (mccartney) in liverpool at the beatles museum, it was £1000, the wife said have it (it was my 60th birthday) but sanity prevailed. they are a players guitar.

ps, they were all lefties!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

The smile on your face says it all, Roger ... musta been a blast!

That must have been some fun ,judging by the smile.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Nothing plays like a Ric.  Have had one for 34 years. They do practically play themselves

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Never played one. Always wanted to. Lookin' good.

Hmmm, I thought Mekidsdad posted in this last night.  Apparently not...

He was sitting there on the couch with all kinds of "good swears" ... you know, "That is one sweet XXX!" so on and so forth.  smile  He was impressed, and then chewed my ear off for a while about how awesome a guitar like that is. smile  Lucky you Roger!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

The missus is an antique...collector. As such were always looking through antique shops, cash converters, pawn shops etc. I'm always on the lookout for some named guitar like a Martin or a Rikki etc, that someone wants to get rid of but doesn't know the value of. Not had to much luck yet, just a Freshman 12er and a Washburn bass.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

The missus is an antique...collector.

lol Those three little dots are cleverly placed! Thanks for the chuckle. lol

Roger, that smile tells it all - you look like you just found out that granny's apple pie won best of show at the county fair!

Whenever I see a Ric, my mind drifts back to the days when McQuinn's jangly Ric 12-string set the tone for the Byrds unique sound.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Did you bust out the Byrds and Tom Petty?  Awesome guitar! I want to play a 12 string rick.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)