1 (edited by easybeat 2016-05-06 00:40:47)

Topic: Lotto Blues

Lotto Blues

Buy your ticket
Lay your money down
Anticipation till lottery day
Sit in front ...  turn ya TV on
Excitement builds
Will the balls fall your way
Round and round the balls they go
Drop each out.. the numbers grow
At the end add them up
Chosen numbers nowhere to be seen
Not to worry ....waste another ten
Always next week
Trying to win the dream

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Lotto Blues

I like your humorous take on the whole lotto scene. The anticipation of big winnings is what keeps people coming back, despite the odds.

easybeat .............haha think there are many people out there trying to win and play the odds )

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Gambling is a funny thing you got be in to win , you got be in to lose. It is the never you know factor if its your turn to win or lose factor.  Some contol their gambling others let it take them over and destroy their lifes. Today I will try and get the winning numbers,

EB

How ironic

Last night after I got back from a softball game I drove up to Stewart's Convenience store to get Ice cream for the girl's on my team.  I had to wait for this guy in front of me at the cash register, who was having his tickets checked to see if they were winners. He is a good guy, I know him well (in fact a former student of mine) has a great little family and he works hard as a welder.  But I am not exaggerating, he must have had them check hundreds of dollars worth of tickets and scratch off.s  It took almost 12 minutes for the girl to scan them all. In the end- he won 9 dollars- and what did he do ?  Didn't take cash but more tickets. 

What also amazes me is when its the power ball at 150 million....people come out of the wood work to buy tickets.  Like if they won the weekly one at 15 million it wouldn't be worth buying a ticket but for 150 million its a bargain ! smile

Nice poem EB, I enjoyed it!!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Great poem well written. We all seem to have something to say on gambling. I'm too tight to gamble. And even if I bought a ticket I probably wouldn't even check it! I once saw a couple of guys put their whole weeks wages into a fruit machine. I bet they got some stick from their families when they got home....broke!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

While we're on the subject of gambling, there's a lot of people in Leicester City (UK) who are a lot richer than they were a week ago. For those that don't know, their team were 5000:1 odds against them winning the English Premiership Championship this season, and they clinched it when the Spurs tied Chelsea on Monday. So any fan who bet $100 at the start of the season now has $500,000 in their pocket!

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7887351.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Leicester-players-arrive-at-training-after-title-is-confirmed.jpg

Hehe. Been reading my mail, easybeat? smile

You nailed what a bunch of us are feeling whenever we tune in to watch the draw from the Atlanta television studios. Didn't win? What the heck! Try again tomorrow night!

I never spend more than we can afford ($5.00 a week), but it's worth experiencing that little "tingle" of hope.

Loved it, my friend! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com