Topic: Wastin' away again

So I'm getting ready to go to the beach, and of course I'm taking my acoustic, so is there anything I should really be careful with? The guy at the local guitar store said to tune my guitar down before the trip since humidity will affect the wood and I don't want the neck warped surely. Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated, thanks. Oh and I'll miss the Chordie community the week I'm gone.

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Re: Wastin' away again

What about sand, etc?

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Hey etc,
I'm so jealous I could spit! I think that obviously...uumm water? Do not let your guitar get wet!!! I personaly don't take my instruments to the beach, the humidity, the sand, the naughty bloody little kids who want to touch it... But if you must, take very good care as the sun on your guitar is not great.   And I would assume the humidity isn't great either. But I couldn't go without my guitar for a week... so I sympathise.
Have a cracking great time and take a dip for me, please!

i do take my guitar to the beach

could get stolen - by those guitar thief/pirate people. if possible take nubile young lady (or hunky chap) to look after it while you are in the sea. 

sand other problem - it will scratch the varnish

neck unlikely to warp due to humidity

Thanks for all the advice guys

-James Marshall Hendrix

johncross21 wrote:

i do take my guitar to the beach

could get stolen - by those guitar thief/pirate people. if possible take nubile young lady (or hunky chap) to look after it while you are in the sea. 

sand other problem - it will scratch the varnish

neck unlikely to warp due to humidity

Hmmm, maybe I will take my guitar to the beach... that hunky chap thing sounds good!....If you're my husband reading this...you are dreaming... this is all a dream....