Topic: easy lead parts

Hey yall... ive been playing about four years and i can read tab but im still kind of new to it. Im looking for some lead and/or solos that arent too hard to play on the acoustic (or even the electric as long as its not too complicated).
some of the ones I have so far are:

.45-- shinedown
           simple man- lynyrd skynyrd
           fortunate son- CCR

All You Need is Love smile

Re: easy lead parts

ACDC- Hells Bells
Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here

Those were the first two i learned. also try Led Zeppelin's The Ocean, you prolly wont be able to play the whole thing at first but the intro is kool and fun to play

::Kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

thanks dude... i looked up the tabs here on chordie so im gonna go try em out
smile

sorry to sound like one of those annoying people who are always correcting other people (lol i hope that makes sense) but im a chick smile

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

oh lol
well i say dude to everybody even though im a girl too

HEY ZEPPIE FAN you, and of course U2 last_rebel are sharing the same ideas as I do, having an obsession for Led Zeppelin.
I have, I think almost every single song of them, and I just ordered a FINGER PICKING LED ZEPPELIN TRIBUT on www.amazon.com The critics aren't that great, about a  FINGER PICKING, They write reviews that it should be forbidden. But a FINGER PICKING album is a FP album. You can in most of the cases, listen to samples. It is definitly NOT LED ZEPPELIN, but a TRIBUTE, and compared to other Zep songs, it is very relaxing
a kind of obsession. I am getting very, very old on December the Seventh, 52 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know how old you are, I am very nosy, but if you are still young, this is a proof that their music is "timeless"
I grew up with Creedence Clearwater Revival, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd on top, (together with the Bee Gees.
Now back to last_rebel: I play for at least 30 years, and it should be a miracle, if I should write: sorry, I can't play this song. FOR A GUITAR SOLO, you can use tabs, and I recommend these tabs.
Don't forget, if I don't have the melody, or a part of it, I can't play the song.
- tabs: + advise
- 4 months, keep it cool and relax, and if you practise a lot, (what is a lot), 4 years are gone.
my humble opinion is to play NOT longer than an hour, unless you would form a band and perform. I have about 30 guitars, a lot of them electric, a lot of them acoustic. I also have 3 amps: Marshall, 100W acoustic, Marshall Valvestate 100W and a Fender Cybertwin, the cybertwin is for me a dream amp, not cheap but there are almost all kinds of fender amps, vibrolux, twin reverb... + a lot of cool, dirty extra's, just like on a floor board (have it too). Why all this bullsh**to answer your question
- Acoustic fantastic way to start, easy (?) tabs and playing acoustic tou will hear for 100% if your chord is not played right.
- Try to improvise a solo, along with a CD, with your favourite music. You can also go to the store and in most of the stores they have CD/DVD with the song played by a professional artist, followed by the same track, WITHOUT LEAD/SOLO.
- Electric: start with some riffs (for that you have to listen to the stones especially Keith Riff Richards. I play already a long time and I am always surprised that I can playing better and better, no tabs, only chords, but having a very small devise (Korg Pandora), having about 50 bass and drumloops, and than you try to play a solo. If you place your fingers to play solo on a few strings and they are real bad, you will remeber this next time. The acoustic guitar has only one change, playing wrong= playing wrong. Electric, you can bend almost immediatly the string.
If you use full power effects, distortion, you will hear a lot less of your mistakes.
Long Email, but I hope that I could help you in a certain way

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thanks gitaardocphil.... lol doctor phil.... anyway i don't know about jpage but im only 16 and even though im kind of new to zeppelin and pink floyd (loving it so far though), im a big CCR fan.
I like guys like Skynyrd, uh let me think, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, AcDC, ZZ top, little bit of Metallica (guess thats not really that old), and im starting to listen to black sabbath and blue oyster cult....
yeah and like stuff like bb king and john lee hooker too...

I have an epiphone acoustic and a squire strat. Im pretty good with chording and simple tabs on acoustic but im trying to step out and actually learn how to play my electric lol .... never had a day of lessons so im basically self taught. anyway thanks for the advice/help

Im 14, I've been playing for a year and a half, and been listening to older rock for about 2 1/2 years. Its a nice break from the overplayed pop i always hear on the radio. Mostly Skynyrd, ACDC, Guns n Roses, Zeppelin, and some Floyd. I do like a lot of modern rock bands too, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Jet, My Chemical Romance, and indie bands like Rooney, The Fratellis, and The Arctic Monkeys.

Also got the odd blues tune on my playlist, usually BB, Buddy Guy, or Muddy Waters

I own an Alvarez acoustic, an Epi acous/elec and a squier tele.  took lessons for a while, but right now Im taking a break and putting all the stuff I've learned together and writing some of my own music.

::kori::

yeah i forgot guns n roses...
im not much into newer rock, but i listen to a little shinedown and stuff like that. I mostly listen to country (but not the new sissy boy crap) You know hank and hank jr, waylon jennings (and shooter too as of recently) charlie daniels david allen coe and so and so forth

Well, I kinda started guitar 2-4 years ago, but never got kinda serious about practicing till the beginning of this summer. I asked a friend for some song suggestions and he gave me a big list. 2 of my favorites that I haven't seen mentioned here are:

Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce
Endless Sacrifice - Dream Theater